Homebrew The ol' Fix a Bricked Wii

Jimbo_Slim

Pun Master/Loser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my friend gave me his old "broken" Wii since he didn't use it. He told me that his older bro did some softmodding. So I try to unbrick it using Priiloader from the black screen of death by installing a system update without installing the custom ios. I managed to get to the Wii Menu and deleted some old stuff. Then when I restarted the console and its back to the black screen and Priiloader won't work. Is it finally fully bricked because I didn't install the ios?

D

Deleted User

If you haven't got a NAND backup, keys, and BootMii@boot2, and you didnt install IOS for sysmenu, then yes.
However, NUS should've provided you with IOS for your system menu.
Can I ask why you removed Priiloader? It's good for fixing this kind of thing.

Jimbo_Slim

Pun Master/Loser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I did was download a v4.3 system menu update wad from NUS and I installed it by going to MMM through Priiloader. From what I believe, doing that and not installing the cIOS probably uninstalled Priiloader because I can't open Priiloader. I don't know why the Wii failed me after just resetting the console. :/
Atleast I have my other Wii.

Jimbo_Slim

Pun Master/Loser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I managed to turn it on after a day and apparently part of the cause was a couple of things on my SD card. The only bugs I see in it now is pressing the A button too fast on the warning screen freezes the Wii and that if I try to delete a channel in Wii settings, there's nothing there and if I try to go to the Wii menu, the system freezes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up