Hacking --THE OFFICIAL WiiKEY FW UPDATE THREAD--

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
THe ON/OFF switch is basically a physical switch, similar to the CycloWiz's update switch, but instead of it being used for updates, I want to use it to disable the chip itself, so I can play my legit Brawl (when it comes out) without any problems.

I want to do this because I am assuming that the Wiikey team will have problems releasing the update and/or releasing it after the launch in North America.
You can press reset button on boot right?
That's how it works on Cylcowiz as long you soldered reset button

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
guys.. just keep an eye on www.wiinewz.com and please read what they already posted there about the next upcoming (yes it is coming) wiikey update..

taiguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
amidst all the confusion being posted everywhere I just want to get one question answered for now.

can you play the single layer copy of brawl (versus only) with the wiikey?

yes you can, but you need wiikey FW 1.9g.

awesome. is there anything complicated about it, or is it just like every other disc? people on the forum have been talking about 15% updates, duplicate channels, etc. - sounds like a pain. what is the process?

MelonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
amidst all the confusion being posted everywhere I just want to get one question answered for now.

can you play the single layer copy of brawl (versus only) with the wiikey?

It proboly takes some longer before wiikey updates their software because they will finish 1.9beta so they dont have any frigging shit
tongue.gif

i personoly think it can better take some longer and its good than it is now finished and its rubbish.

CPOStudios

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cpostudios.com
XP
Country
United States
A legitimate dual layer rip exists. Source:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=74048

However, they are awaiting an imported copy of the game.

"The Wiikey Team have confirmed to WiiNewz that they are in the process of obtaining a Japanese original of the game so that their coder can begin working on a compatibility fix and dump app."
--Wiinews

They have apparently received it, but that isn't according to Wiinewz, so it could be false. We don't really know what they have or how far along they are. Just sit tight.

Dingler

Trophies
XP
Country
As soon as the other teams start releasing, they'll start working on it, or atleast speed up their work. Thats exatly what happend with the Galaxy FW, and its prolly due to the fact that they'll loose customers if the other teams releases way before them

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
As some othersin this thread have said, there will be no update until...

1) d2ckey (wiikey owners) have a retail SSBB (should have that now or verysoon)

2) an DVD9 dump exists and has been tested

The only thing stopping the wiikey running retail atm is simply a recognition problem, since all it has to do on a JPN Wii is to switch off or do absolutely nothing for the game to run. The only reason it's not working is because the wiikey firmware fails to recognise the disc as retail and intervenes as if it's a backup.

People have speculated that a DVD9 dump would probably run on the present firmware, i would guess they are more likely correct in assuming this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021