The Next Wii Will Innovate

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Vidboy10, Mar 13, 2010.

Mar 13, 2010

The Next Wii Will Innovate by Vidboy10 at 4:55 AM (2,155 Views / 0 Likes) 29 replies

1. Vidboy10
    OP

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    Source

2. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Why did I think of "Wiinnovate"? [​IMG]

3. UltyBomber77

Newcomer UltyBomber77 Member

United States
    sounds interesting

4. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    thats what i love about Nintendo they're more concerned about making games fun for people rather then trying to make something pretty to look at and no game play.

5. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    I'm ok with this if it cuts down on shovelware.

6. syko5150

United States
    shovelware will always exist as long as companies are more concerned with making a quick buck off doing practically nothing lol

7. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    Move and Natal will fail. That is all.

8. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    that's why i love big n their always willing to give you something new instead of just slapping hd, a better GPU and CPU into a box [​IMG]

9. zuron7

Member zuron7 RBYG

India
    Nintendo has always innovated and will innovate.
    It's stupid companies that have no brains that copy ie.Sony
    Microsoft is much better compared to even sony.

10. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

Nice one, Reggie [​IMG]

11. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    dont u mean nice comeback line [​IMG] ?

12. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Nice, but the Wii hasn't convinced me yet. When I look at the number of good games on PS3 vs Wii, the PS3 is the obvious winner. With the price difference there is now, I can't see a lot of hardcore gamers buying a Wii.

Still, I was talking about quantity here. If you're looking for pure quality, I think Nintendo is still the way to go. The problem is that their best Wii games were released in 2006/2007, and 2008/2009 didn't have that many great games.

It's nice to see they innovate, but I also want to see a really strong launch and lineup after launch. The good thing is that the Wii is really popular, so they can afford to release a next Wii a bit later and make it really good.

But hey, why are we even talking about the next Wii? Give us a new DS Nintendo!

13. syko5150

United States
    how is PS3 the clear winner? until recently the PS3 has sucked really bad they are FINALLY starting to come out with good games on PS3 sure they had a few but the Wii has a ton of good titles but maybe its that YOU dont like them? but yeah the PS3 is at the bottom with having the most good games...

14. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Hi-definition isn't "the next frontier", it's pretty much a standard nowadays. They're competing with two consoles who can offer HD and eventually what the Wii is "unique" for. They need HD and something new.

I'm getting sick of Nintendo trying to pawn off HD as "unimportant". I put graphics after gameplay, but I'm getting sick of playing games that look like crap. I want games that look good and play well. It's annoying.

"Innovative" to me here seems like basically what the Wii does plus all its add-ons (WM+, Vitality Sensor, etc) built in and maybe something else.

15. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    I'm sick of motion controls. :\

16. Acetic Orcein

Member Acetic Orcein GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom

Agreed, I do like Nintendo to be thinking of different ways to innovate! But it would be nice for them to move into HD and stuff... it's just kind of expected now
    So innovation + HD would really be the way to go in my opinion. I really think Nintendo are short sighted in this regard. I absolutely want my games to play better! I mean after all, super special eyelash rendering technology won't make a game any good. But... I really think they are limiting themselves to games that have 'great artistic design', fairly decent gameplay but lacks features that the PS3 and 360 have due to being a much weaker console.

Innovation for Nintendo nowadays appears to be having slightly larger screens anyway...

So Yeah. I'd like to see HD and some decent innovation.

17. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

He didn't say the next Nintendo console won't have HD graphics. I think what he meant by "HD isn't the next frontier" is that HD isn't the top priority on Nintendo's "to-do list".

In other words:
    New gameplay experience >>>> graphics.

18. Acetic Orcein

Member Acetic Orcein GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yes that's what Reggie said, but I think Guild's main point is that they always downplay graphics. Gameplay should of course always be better than graphics but I mean... graphics should play a fairly large role right? It irritates me that Nintendo doesn't really acknowledge this. HD won't make a next gen console (as stated by Reggie), that's probably because it's fairly standard now lol?

Noone really argues against innovation/good gameplay always being the main sort of drive for a game (or console perhaps), but graphics shouldn't be ignored (which Nintendo aren't ignoring entirely... they just downplay it all the time as if it's not important... when actually it is for many people).

Also I'm not really 'wowed' anymore when it comes to Nintendo and innovation. So really, if they're going for that whole approach, it should be bigger than a blood pressure wrist strap for example.

19. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    You can say that now, but when you see them being a big success, and the Wii failing, I hope you'll take those words back. No one knows what Natal and Move will be like, but I'm hoping it's better than the Wii's motion controls, seeing as most of the games that come out don't even use them, when that was one of the biggest selling points for the Wii.

20. Uzumakijl

Member Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    But, Isn't Natal a new gameplay experience with GOOD graphics?

I'm not saying graphics make the game, But nintendo needs to find a way to balance both.