Gaming The NEW massive CHEAT compilation thread.

• Thread starter Narin
  • Start date
  • Views 3,077,792
  • Replies 9,825
  • Likes 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, I know this is a community cheat database, but other than my own, there's like 4-5 versions of the cheat dat on it by other people which are all basically the same as the one I'm maintaining. For sanity sake, can we just stick to the official cheat database and post any needed updates, additions or changes here? This way there won't be a million copies of the cheat database posted in the download section with who knows what version they are from.

I know this is a community project, but having a bunch of files does more harm then good because people won't know which one to download, if they are the latest official version and so on. I just don't want people coming here complaining about someone elses update saying its messed up, codes are missing, ect.

At any rate, to follow people's requests here, I will be maintaining a zip version of the database and a 7zip version as well for those who want a smaller download and also act as a mirror in case one file doesn't work for some reason.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Cheats Update 5-10-08

New Games Added:
None

New Codes Added:
The World Ends With You (E) and (U)
SEGA SuperStars Tennis (U)
Mario Hoops: 3 on 3 (U)

To R4DS Users:
To R4 users and its clones, use either CHEAT.dat or USRCHEAT.dat and not both, using both will cause some codes and games not to show up.

Note:
There are two downloads available now, they both contain the same exact files and updates, but one is compressed with 7zip and the other is just a normal zip file. You only need to download one or the other.

--------------------------------------------------
You can get the updated cheats from my signature.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
Ok guys, I know this is a community cheat database, but other than my own, there's like 4-5 versions of the cheat dat on it by other people which are all basically the same as the one I'm maintaining. For sanity sake, can we just stick to the official cheat database and post any needed updates, additions or changes here? This way there won't be a million copies of the cheat database posted in the download section with who knows what version they are from.

I know this is a community project, but having a bunch of files does more harm then good because people won't know which one to download, if they are the latest official version and so on. I just don't want people coming here complaining about someone elses update saying its messed up, codes are missing, ect.

At any rate, to follow people's requests here, I will be maintaining a zip version of the database and a 7zip version as well for those who want a smaller download and also act as a mirror in case one file doesn't work for some reason.

so basically Hickeyl needs to stop lol.

but seriously Hickeyl... why do you need to post a link to your own cheat.dat (which is basically narin's cheat.dat w/ some added codes) when you said you will give Narin AR codes of whatever you find. Narin's updated cheat.dat will basically be your cheat.dat, but better...

i think you're just going to confuse people

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Unchi-san said:

but seriously Hickeyl... why do you need to post a link to your own cheat.dat (which is basically narin's cheat.dat w/ some added codes) when you said you will give Narin AR codes of whatever you find. Narin's updated cheat.dat will basically be your cheat.dat, but better...

Ah, its not Hickeyl in general, I was just looking through the cheats download section and theres like 4 different downloads the cheat database during Rayder's and my updates. I just don't see much of a point in them and people have been PMing me about which one to download, hence the post above,

Hickeyl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unchi-san said:
Narin said:

becasue i wanna share a megaman battle network cheat code folder i made
biggrin.gif
its fun

but in all seriouness i agree with Narin so if it really bothers you i will remove it
smile.gif

but will you add my mmbn5dd codes to your updates
smile.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hickeyl said:
becasue i wanna share a megaman battle network cheat code folder i made
biggrin.gif
its fun

but in all seriouness i agree with Narin so if it really bothers you i will remove it
smile.gif

but will you add my mmbn5dd codes to your updates
smile.gif
Its just that having a a ton of copies of the cheat database floating around just confuses people and they start complaining t me about things being missing or not working when I have nothing to do with it. Which is already happening.

At any rate, the whole point of the official cheat database is for the GBATemp to come together, submit cheats and compile them in one place. So the whole purpose is for people to submit cheats they found or made and I can add them to the cheat database for everyone to enjoy.

whatever_desu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
whatever_desu said:
Thanks for the latest update Narin. Not to complain or anything but the "recover hp (press Y)" codes don't work. and the "item slot 1" codes override my entire inventory... a couple of the others are funky too but I havent tested them all yet. *shrug*
For what game? Also at any rate, I don't make the codes, I simply gather them from people who post them or from websites I search across. So if a code is buggy or doesn't work, theres little I can do about it.
sorry, i was talking about pokémon mystery dungeon darkness. if anyone who's good at making cheats is willing to help then thanks, I would but I'm running on an outdated mac....

Hickeyl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
whatever_desu said:
Narin said:
whatever_desu said:
Thanks for the latest update Narin. Not to complain or anything but the "recover hp (press Y)" codes don't work. and the "item slot 1" codes override my entire inventory... a couple of the others are funky too but I havent tested them all yet. *shrug*
For what game? Also at any rate, I don't make the codes, I simply gather them from people who post them or from websites I search across. So if a code is buggy or doesn't work, theres little I can do about it.
sorry, i was talking about pokémon mystery dungeon darkness. if anyone who's good at making cheats is willing to help then thanks, I would but I'm running on an outdated mac....

are you asking for someone to find codes???

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hickeyl said:
yea but i went throuh the trouble of finding each individual code and making brillient combos so i wanted to take credit of doing it
I give credit where credit is due, hence the Help and Credit file included in every download and add notable person to the update post when necessary. Its great that you want credit and I can work with that and credit you for everything you do, but creating a copy of the cheat.dat file and adding a couple codes to it just defeats the purpose of a community driven cheat database.

I personally have added hundreds of codes, several games to the database as well as created codes for a few games including River King, Barnyard Blast, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, TWEWY and several others but make no mention of that. Instead, I just add them into the cheat database as every other code for everyone at GBATemp to enjoy. Theres several codes in the cheat database that were made exclusively made for GBATemp.

When you asked if if you could help me before, I just thought you would fix, find or create codes and post them for me to add while giving you credit for them, that is all.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
whatever_desu said:
Narin said:
whatever_desu said:

I'll see if I can find working versions of the codes or if need be, fix them myself. I'll keep you updated on any changes to the codes.
smile.gif

Hickeyl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Narin said:
Hickeyl said:
yea but i went throuh the trouble of finding each individual code and making brillient combos so i wanted to take credit of doing it
I give credit where credit is due, hence the Help and Credit file included in every download and add notable person to the update post when necessary. Its great that you want credit and I can work with that and credit you for everything you do, but creating a copy of the cheat.dat file and adding a couple codes to it just defeats the purpose of a community driven cheat database.

I personally have added hundreds of codes, several games to the database as well as created codes for a few games including River King, Barnyard Blast, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, TWEWY and several others but make no mention of that. Instead, I just add them into the cheat database as every other code for everyone at GBATemp to enjoy. Theres several codes in the cheat database that were made exclusively made for GBATemp.

When you asked if if you could help me before, I just thought you would fix, find or create codes and post them for me to add while giving you credit for them, that is all.

ok ok point taken
i will do as i said and fix codes
smile.gif
i will remove my download

whatever_desu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hickeyl said:
whatever_desu said:
Narin said:
whatever_desu said:

are you asking for someone to find codes???
more like fix, as i said i'd do it myself but my computer's incapable.

whatever_desu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
whatever_desu said:
Narin said:
whatever_desu said:

I'll see if I can find working versions of the codes or if need be, fix them myself. I'll keep you updated on any changes to the codes.
smile.gif
thanks a lot, sorry to trouble ya.

(and apologies for the double post)

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hickeyl said:
ok ok point taken
i will do as i said and fix codes
smile.gif
i will remove my download
I hope I didn't come off as an ass and such :/ If I did, I apologize. I maintain this cheat database for all of you, I take no credit for it since its a community project. If everyone started taking it and uploading their own version with just a couple small changes to a game and such, things just get chaotic.

I have a day job myself which leaves me little personal time. I only get to play my Nintendo DS or any other game for that matter a couple times a week. Though I always try to find time to update the cheat database for all of you at least once a day. Just trying to keep up with all these new downloads and PMs asking for help concerning them can be a bit much.

As I said before, I understand the hard work people put into making codes, without them, there wouldn't be a cheat database, so if you make or fix any codes, I will give you full credit for them and you will have my personal thanks. Not only that, think about it, so far the cheat database has had around 4000 downloads. So you would get more exposure and recognition for your credit by having it in the official cheat database.
smile.gif

I'm not here to step on any ones toes, and such. I just want to make everyone happy. So if anyone had a problem, question or comment, feel free to come to me.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
whatever_desu said:
thanks a lot, sorry to trouble ya.
Its no trouble at all. I'll try to get them in the next update which may be later tonight. These would be relatively easy fixes for the most part.

Hickeyl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dont be silly you aint been an ass
i just lost track of what exacally i ment lol
and thats a reason why i wanna help so you have more free time
happy.gif

why dont you make a NEW account on gbatemp so that any one whos helping you (ME) can log in to that account and edit the uploaded CHEATS???

or is that a bad idea

Parcivale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I am looking for Japanese AR Codes for my Japanese games. Does anyone have those? (And no, these games would have no chance in being released in English so please don't ask me to wait for an English release)

List of the games that I am looking the codes for:
- Tokimeki Memorial GS (1st Love and 2nd Season)
- Otometeki Koi Kakumei Love Revo DS

Thanks in advance!

DracoStr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
summaxr.com
XP
Country
United States
I've a problem, and I hope it's not a bother to you.

For the Explorers of Darkness codes, only the ones about the items show up on my R4, when the others will show up in the editor. Halp?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь