MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
There's something else; it doesn't matter how you install HBC - and the final outcome will be no different.
As far as I understand it, the update mechanism works like this:

- it contacts the server and checks for a new update;
- in case one exists, it's downloaded as a binary (.elf file);
- it's executed and the process is practically identical to the installation;

The only way you can always get rid of the tickets is by uninstalling it with the WAD manager when an update comes out and installing a new, updated .wad package.

Venko

Trophies
XP
Country
MaHe, I have heard on numerous occasions, as was also hinted on Slashdot, that the Homebrew Channel is not signed with trucha. I'm unaware exactly how wad installers work but I believe that there's a risk those using the wad may have resigned an IOS37 compatible channel in a way that'll cause it not to work on IOS37.

If you must use the wad file then use it only to remove the channel and tickets. Although a format is advisable in this case as otherwise there will still be numerous traces left behind.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
MaHe said:
Yeah, I heard that somewhere too and if true, it's definitely better to install using the installer. WAD Manager exploits the 'trucha' bug.

Wrong, hbc channel installer itself is a wad installer too, just the wad and the installer is in the same file. Both wad installer and hbc elf use the same method to put a faked-signed channel into the wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.