Hacking The "My SD2Vita/PSVSD is having issues" thread

RagahRagah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got access to vitashell/molecular shell?
No, that's the issue. As I said, my SD2VITA is inaccessible. The Vita basically doesn't detect a memory card so I have no access to any of the hack programs, just the default Vita apps.

Perhaps some sort of edit of the config.txt through windows may be in order? Pretty sure I have an SD card adapter somewhere that I could use to access the memory card through windows.

Last edited by RagahRagah,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that's the issue. As I said, my SD2VITA is inaccessible. The Vita basically doesn't detect a memory card so I have no access to any of the hack programs, just the default Vita apps.

Perhaps some sort of edit of the config.txt through windows may be in order? Pretty sure I have an SD card adapter somewhere that I could use to access the memory card through windows.

Well you need a sony memory card if SD2Vita isn't set to ux0, by default the memory card is set to ux0, you can use imc0 if you have a 2000 model.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

RagahRagah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you need a sony memory card if SD2Vita isn't set to ux0, by default the memory card is set to ux0, you can use imc0 if you have a 2000 model.
This is frustrating. Have had this issue multiple times and never had to go through any of these hoops. Kinda confused by this response; are you saying I need to reconfigure something with the original memory card to get it to recognize SD2Vita? How can I check or figure out if any of this is the case? I am sure I have my old Sony card somewhere but never needed it for this issue IIRC. As far as the last sentence, gibberish to me. How would I use imc? I would assume if this is something that can be resolved via plugins, I should be able to edit something, or am I wrong?

Really wish I remembered how I resolved this before because I know it was something super easy; I'm finding it really hard to believe this issue isn't super common and that the answer wasn't known immediately. I just need to know what to do.
Post automatically merged:

Something I just noticed. Found my SD card adapter and hooked up the SD2Vita adapter (with the MicroSD) to the SD card adapter and connected it all to my laptop. Nothing. Put the microSD in the SD adapter by itself... bingo. All the files are viewable on the laptop. Then looked and noticed the orange light does not flash when I insert the SD2Vita adapter into the Vita. Is it somehow possible I just need a new adapter and maybe that caused the issue in the first place? There WAS a point during all this fiddling where the card WAS once again read but quickly was negated when I restarted the system to make sure it would stick (obviously it didn't; upon rebooting it was unreadable again).

AND another update: Found my old sony memory card and loaded it. DO have a few hack files on it, including vita shell. With everything I've laid out at this point, can this help anyone point me to an easier direction to diagnosing the problem? Thanks!

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is frustrating. Have had this issue multiple times and never had to go through any of these hoops. Kinda confused by this response; are you saying I need to reconfigure something with the original memory card to get it to recognize SD2Vita? How can I check or figure out if any of this is the case? I am sure I have my old Sony card somewhere but never needed it for this issue IIRC. As far as the last sentence, gibberish to me. How would I use imc? I would assume if this is something that can be resolved via plugins, I should be able to edit something, or am I wrong?

Really wish I remembered how I resolved this before because I know it was something super easy; I'm finding it really hard to believe this issue isn't super common and that the answer wasn't known immediately. I just need to know what to do.

Something I just noticed. Found my SD card adapter and hooked up the SD2Vita adapter (with the MicroSD) to the SD card adapter and connected it all to my laptop. Nothing. Put the microSD in the SD adapter by itself... bingo. All the files are viewable on the laptop. Then looked and noticed the orange light does not flash when I insert the SD2Vita adapter into the Vita. Is it somehow possible I just need a new adapter and maybe that caused the issue in the first place? There WAS a point during all this fiddling where the card WAS once again read but quickly was negated when I restarted the system to make sure it would stick (obviously it didn't; upon rebooting it was unreadable again).

AND another update: Found my old sony memory card and loaded it. DO have a few hack files on it, including vita shell. With everything I've laid out at this point, can this help anyone point me to an easier direction to diagnosing the problem? Thanks!
Sorry @RagahRagah ,you have not yet told us if you have ina PS Vita Fat(1000)or Slim(2000)because the procedure to install henkaku is slightly different,on the 1000 you need the sony sdcard,while on the 2000 you can do it directly because it has the 1GB internal memory that the 1000 don't have and then set sd2vita by copying the hack on the sdcard.
If i understand correctly,when you insert the sdcard with the adapter on the notebook it is recognized and there are all the files right?
On the other hand,when you insert sd2vita into your PS Vita and turn on it,the orange led don't flash,maybe you have to change the sd2vita to a new one because the adapter works or doesn't work some times.

RagahRagah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry @RagahRagah ,you have not yet told us if you have ina PS Vita Fat(1000)or Slim(2000)because the procedure to install henkaku is slightly different,on the 1000 you need the sony sdcard,while on the 2000 you can do it directly because it has the 1GB internal memory that the 1000 don't have and then set sd2vita by copying the hack on the sdcard.
If i understand correctly,when you insert the sdcard with the adapter on the notebook it is recognized and there are all the files right?
On the other hand,when you insert sd2vita into your PS Vita and turn on it,the orange led don't flash,maybe you have to change the sd2vita to a new one because the adapter works or doesn't work some times.
Sorry and I apologize if I was hasty or rude, had stuff going on last night and shouldn't have been multitasking, lol.

I believe it is a fat model. But here is an update:

Before I went to sleep I found my old Sony memory card and put it in. Boom, some of the hacks, including vita shell, came back so I used autoplugin and that seemed to do the trick. I did test runs of certain homebrews and reset the system multiple times. All systems appear to be a go.

The only peculiar thing I notice now is right before booting I get a "updating database" progress bar every single time I boot up the Vita. This was never the case previously. So far it doesn't appear to be causing any actual issues; is this anything to be concerned about? And is there a way to stop it from doing this regardless?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something seems to be corrupting your app.db or the problem could be related to your tai's config.txt. I would advise against using autoplugin, it has fucked up so many consoles in the past.

RagahRagah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something seems to be corrupting your app.db or the problem could be related to your tai's config.txt. I would advise against using autoplugin, it has fucked up so many consoles in the past.
Now that I have access to a memory card again, what would you suggest?

An issue with the configuration has been my biggest suspicion. Sadly, last night I realized it has been so long since I've had to do anything extensive with my Vita that I honestly can't even remember where the config.txt file is anymore, lmao.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
config.txt will be on ux0 or ur0 in the tai folder on root. I would suggest getting a better sd2vita as the card is probably fine.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@godreborn ,Autoplugin ruined many consoles?
I have been using Autoplugin II since i hacked my PS Vita Slim and that's fine and every now and then there are also app updates as opposed to Autoplugin which has been abandoned.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godreborn ,Autoplugin ruined many consoles?
I have been using Autoplugin II since i hacked my PS Vita Slim and that's fine and every now and then there are also app updates as opposed to Autoplugin which has been abandoned.
yes, I've read many posts where autoplugin was unstable. if you want to be a part of the vita scene, at least learn how it works. geez. it's not hard to modify the config.txt.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes, I've read many posts where autoplugin was unstable. if you want to be a part of the vita scene, at least learn how it works. geez. it's not hard to modify the config.txt.
@godreborn ,i use Autoplugin II and not Autoplugin is obsolete and if someone is not able to modify the config.txt manually he just messes up his PS Vita and ruins everything,come on it takes even a minimum of experience in modding it isn't for everyone.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godreborn ,i use Autoplugin II and not Autoplugin is obsolete and if someone is not able to modify the config.txt manually he just messes up his PS Vita and ruins everything,come on it takes even a minimum of experience in modding it isn't for everyone.
that's when I say go legit. most github plugins tell you how to use the plugin, where it goes in the config.txt. I'm not saying I'm smarter than anyone else, but most people fuck up, on any system, because they don't read anything or skip steps.

RagahRagah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
config.txt will be on ux0 or ur0 in the tai folder on root. I would suggest getting a better sd2vita as the card is probably fine.
OK, it's in ur0.

Pretty sure the Vita I have is a fat, if that is still relevant.

Went to look at the confix.txt and it definitely looks funky to me so I am gonna post a couple screenshots of what it looks like and hopefully that will reveal more what the problem is and what the solution should be.

Assuming the problem is easily fixable (as I said the Vita is working OK now but I would assume not everything is as it should, especially with the database updating every time I boot?), do you suggest I remove autoplugin and if so, what is the method for doing so?

I appreciate all the help. At least I have access to VitaShell again so a solution should be easier.

Attachments

• 20221123_175758.jpg
    20221123_175758.jpg
    998.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20221123_175814.jpg
    20221123_175814.jpg
    882.5 KB · Views: 34

RagahRagah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I can't read that very well, but the first thing I'd do is ditch storage manager in favor of yamt.
Should be perfectly legible as long as you click on it and not try to read it without opening it.

I think it was just something I gave a try. In any case, the last time I remember looking at my config, it looked nothing like that. Feel like there is a lot missing. Wondering if I need a fresh start on the config. Any real issues here?

I saw some of the previous comments and while I'm not savvy, I'm not totally stupid either. It's just been a long time since I had to mess with this stuff and I don't really remember how much of it works.

For now, my question is, based on what I shared about the database "updating" every time I turn on the console, is that an issue and either way, how can I stop it? Is that simply a side effect from three autoplugin?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updating the database happens if there's a problem with what's installed. remove the sd2vita, it should rebuild the database; plug it back in, it should do the same. I think it's rebuilding the app.db or correcting pfs errors.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be perfectly legible as long as you click on it and not try to read it without opening it.

I think it was just something I gave a try. In any case, the last time I remember looking at my config, it looked nothing like that. Feel like there is a lot missing. Wondering if I need a fresh start on the config. Any real issues here?

I saw some of the previous comments and while I'm not savvy, I'm not totally stupid either. It's just been a long time since I had to mess with this stuff and I don't really remember how much of it works.

For now, my question is, based on what I shared about the database "updating" every time I turn on the console, is that an issue and either way, how can I stop it? Is that simply a side effect from three autoplugin?

Show the storagemgr config

RagahRagah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updating the database happens if there's a problem with what's installed. remove the sd2vita, it should rebuild the database; plug it back in, it should do the same. I think it's rebuilding the app.db or correcting pfs errors.
OK, did that and it isn't doing that any longer so thanks, one minor issue cleaned up.

Show the storagemgr config
Not even sure where to find it. Hadn't even been conscious of the program itself.

Reactions: godreborn

RagahRagah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess at this point I'm wondering if I should just give the config a refresh?

I used VitaDB recently to download and update a lot of programs and wonder if that complicated anything based on what I have shared? It seemed to indicate that it was downloading/updating necessary updates/plugins/source files. Maybe I'm stretching too far, IDK. But it seems like the config is skeletal and should have a lot of plugins listed IIRC. I haven't had issues since my last post but pretty much all I have used since then is retroarch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up