Gaming The Most Under-rated NDS games

qtrinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
omg I just tried Daigasso! Band Brothers out cuz of this thread and I'm LOVING IT!
biggrin.gif
Incredibly fun!!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlooked? Easily Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble. The game probably uses the touch screen in the most fun way out of any DS game I've played.

Most under-rated game? I'd have to say Tao's Adventure: Curse of the Demon Seal. Every mainstream gaming critic I know of hammered the game, but I enjoyed it a lot. It wasn't perfect or even great, but it was fun. It came out at a time when there were really very few RPGs on the system to choose from, and it, in my opinion, was of the best of what was then available.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
EBA and Lunar Knights are both sorely under-rated. The EBA ad doesn't do it much justice either ¬.¬

acrocosm

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Custom Robo was a bit underrated for it's kiddy story, but it was a very fun game nonetheless. Puzzle Quest was underlooked, so it doesn't fit here since it was reviewed quite well.

And yes, AC:WW is only fun until you pay off your debt.

WHAT? custom robo underrated?!?
wacko.gif
i think it's over-overrated! I enjoyed the gba version, it was brilliant & fun and finished it with almost everything even tho I don't know a crap about japanese. The DS version however sucks big time. The 3d gfx are good but the pixel art is extremely dull and boring just like the story and gameplay. It just did good cos of its fame so I don't wanna hear again that it's an underated game ever
mad.gif

One than none mentioned till now is Dead n Furious. hahahahah it might not be perfect but it extremelly fun and takes up very little space. Along with nanostray just stays always in my card and gives me a quick fix every now and then.

What everyne thinks about Lunar Dragon song? I have not played it yet but i suspect that its quite underrated. The gba version was my fav RPG after golden sun!! BTW that was hugely underated. If you haven't played it yet then you should

Magical starsign is very good but I wanna play magical vacation >_< anyone heard of a translation on the works?

EDIT: errrrr am I the only one that thinks that new mario bross is a bit overrated? I have not played it much so it might as well be truly brilliant but I just can stand the gfx. So much ugliness my eyes can't bear it sry. It was one of the first games I ever tried on the DS and I instanly though WTF
wtf.gif
and quickly switched game before I got infected or something. Lighting is my weak point as a 3D artist but if I can do better than that how dare they present such gfx in such a title??
lecture.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dead N Furious is very entertaining, and its made with the 1337 engine
rofl2.gif

Another good game is Eragon DS...
I'm sure no one believes this, but this one is really underrated!!! It has nice graphics, the battles just work excellent and there are lots of nice quests.
This one really is a nice, underrated game!

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
EBA and Lunar Knights are both sorely under-rated. The EBA ad doesn't do it much justice either ¬.¬

I agree that both games a great, but niether were under-rated by critics, nor overlooked by gamers. They both did well critically, and they both sold well.

That maybe but when you ask someone their DS collection you'd never find Lunar Knights there. And after seeing the UK's respons to Elite beat agents I think it's not been overlooked but it's not exactly been a great success sales wise over here.

lanleague

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Brothers in Arms DS does a lot under the hood and is pretty fun to play. It will still sell like crap, though.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, I'm adding another one to the list, and -- in my opinion -- this might be the most under-rated game on the system. When it came out, Tenchu: Dark Secret got totally dogged by critics. I think IGN gave it a 3.5, Gamespot something in the neighborhood of a 4. Now, it's certainly a much different offering than a console Tenchu, such as Wrath of Heaven, but for what it is it's pretty dang fun. It can get repetitive, and it's not terribly pretty, but the scores it received from the gaming media would have you believe that the game is broken. That's just not the case. If you've got a flash card and a way to play it -- you're bored perhaps one day -- I say give it a try. It's not for everyone, but ninja lovers might be missing out if they stayed away because of the reviews it got.

TsukoyomiMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Project Hacker: Kakusei - Phoenix Wright, but instead of a court room a computer
Death Note: Kira Game - I'll confess i'm fan of the anime and manga
unsure.gif
The fact you can play as Raito or as L gets it bonus points. Good game overall

Learn japanese first if you want to try out these games.

I don't think Ouendan, OTO2, JST or JUS are under-rated, they are just over looked for being japanese, and still a lot of american or european people have them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp