Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't talking about their overall strategy though, just that they're smart business people. It doesn't matter if it's just one game, they took a decent enough game and made it immensely successful, and even though I don't like them as a company and such, I'm not going to deny that they've made some really good business decisions that got them there, and this is not from the perspective of a gamer. If it's so easy, why can't other companies come close to Fortnite?
The success of a single game can often be attributed to luck or chance. Fortnite is largely derivative of other games/concepts, and it happened to come along at precisely the right moment. Before battle royales there were MOBAs, and LoL took the crown. Before that, MMOs were the most popular money-making genre, and Blizzard won out with WoW. So to answer your question: "flavor of the year" games come and go, there were several before Fortnite, and there will be several after. Only if Epic can produce more hits of that same magnitude might I consider them "smart business people." Right now it's unclear if they'll even retain Fortnite's success for the long term.

Also as gamers we have a plethora of opinions and views of many companies and their practices and decisions. But when it comes to reality and sales, the situation is quite hilariously the opposite.

We blame Activision, EA, Ubisoft, etc, but yet the top selling games are always from them lmao.

I'm not putting my trust in Epic either, but as business goes, it's undeniable that they've made very good decisions to get to where they are now, amongst huge competition as well.
"A fool and his money are soon parted" is as true as it has ever been. Though in Epic's case it's mostly money taken from the parents of said fools.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Svalbard
b122f9b.jpg

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If it's a van, there's a certain member you have to contact first about. :P
That gave me a chuckle. His van may be getting a bit old and rusty now, but you have to admit, he sticks to his role.:)

FYB0xGj.jpg

There is truth in these words.

Edit:
Only true OGs gonna get this one.

View attachment 177603
A Chex Quest meme? That's a first for me.
Tripandrear

Last edited by Reynardine,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Only ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀɪᴇs ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙʀᴀɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴄᴇʀᴇᴀʟ gonna get this one.

Chex your privilege.

FYB0xGj.jpg

There is truth in these words.
Tetris taught me that your achievements disappear, but your mistakes pile up.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thank goodness, I was questioning my "OG-ness" and was having an early midlife crisis.

Though my country did have those Kellogg's cereal game discs, man those were the shit.
Same about the disks, those ones were shit, thankfully we didn't get them here and what we did get were some cool AF (for the time) flying simulators with helicopters or football games with Frosties, played the shit out of those when I was in elementary, good times:rofl2:

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Svalbard
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.