call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
9d40f888ad02c260b90ebf7e7581cd4115f0f258789fe50a609e3058a439b625.png

tell me i'm wrong. do it i dare you. (not my image, i stole it from some dude on disqus lol)

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
View attachment 217329
tell me i'm wrong. do it i dare you. (not my image, i stole it from some dude on disqus lol)
I have always had Android devices but I want to switch to Apple because I am proudly De-Googling.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Where is the "and grabs coins like a Jew" part?

Note for forum moderators/admins: I am not being anti-Jew. I am sure the original image mentioned grabbing coins "like a Jew". Via Mario Balotelli's Instagram.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Believe it or not but the trend towards ARM started long before Apple offered ARM based PCs. x86 is done. They are already close to the physical limit of how small you can shrink transistors and yet ARM based CPUs consume less power for the same processing power. x86 is simply bloated and inefficient.
The past 30 years worth of software made all around the world for Microsoft Windows says hello.

I do not think that Windows will ever leave x86, until the time comes for home Quantum Computers. If such a time does ever come.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Where is the "and grabs coins like a Jew" part?

Note for forum moderators/admins: I am not being anti-Jew. I am sure the original image mentioned grabbing coins "like a Jew". Via Mario Balotelli's Instagram.
What you're talking about is an edit; this is the original.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just like how everybody switched to PowerPC right? I'll be surprised if everyone starts developing ARM versions of software. OSX usage is up to about 20% of the market share, which is definitely higher than the 13% it was in July 2013, but who knows how many people will actually keep using it after the switch to ARM? Microsoft doesn't need to switch to ARM, or focus on the ARM version of Windows, because most PCs will still run x86. PCs have used x86 (and x86-64 later) for decades. The entire market isn't going to change because Apple wants to try something different. Of course it's the former Mac chief who's saying it too. I wouldn't be surprised if this kills the use of Macs for another other than regular use and maybe productivity with software that supports it, and I won't be surprised if a lot of software drops Mac support because of this. Hopefully Mac users have fun with using some janky software emulation that only gets them 80% performance in good cases.

At best I expect this to kill native Mac gaming. There's no way most devs are going to make ARM versions of games just for Mac.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head