Hardware The Improved GameCube Adapter from Mayflash

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Laughter. That's all I'll say for right now. This contest is solely out of my own pocket, so I'll be the one who will choose the winner of the item. Of course, I'll be removing all the user names attached to each entry, so no need to worry about personal biases. But right now, the hint is laughter.
I can definitely win, then! Just send me the adapter and I'll laugh so hard out of happiness that you'll regret ever sending it to me in the first place! :D

Reactions: Ryukouki

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JESUS CHRIST! I was so close yesterday! SOOOOO CLOSE! I was in a live chat with the seller yesterday (the same one who hiked up his price by $10) and finally agreed to pay full price via paypal. He asked for my paypal and I gave it to him but have not received an invoice.

Today as I checked the site to ask him if he has sent an invoice, I notice the price has fucking gone up again!! What the hell?! I was willing to pay $29.90 plus $2.22 shipping! I gave him my paypal! He pulls a no-show and increases the price to $34.90 plus $2.22 shipping!

I was already taking a loss from the $10 increase from the day before. I'm so stressed out because I really want an adapter but they keep increasing the fucking price so I can't order one! The one from play-asia is estimated to arrive between late feb and early march, which is too long for me to wait.. ANYONE HELP?!?!?!!? :(

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why not order from here? http://www.play-asia.com/gamecube-controller-adapter-for-wii-u-pc-usb-paOS-13-49-en-70-8h2n.html

You've waited long enough for Nintendo's adapter not to show, surely you can wait for Play-Asia to ship it within 2-4 weeks? Shipping is $9 USD to Canada, so that's $28 USD total.
Like I said, play asia is estimated to arrive by late feb to early march. I don't want to wait that long.... Is there a way to cancel an order if I order from them but then find another adapter elsewhere that will ship sooner?

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I read that I can cancel my order from play-asia if it has not yet shipped, so I have 2-4 weeks to cancel if need be. With that in mind I placed my order... Still depressed about how I was "rejected" at the last second from the seller before he increased his price a second time. :/
Also bummed out at how I CAN'T SMASH WITH MY GAMECUBE CONTROLLER POSSIBLY TILL MARCH UGHHHHH

xecutionx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ordered one of those forced bundles from GameStop with the two controllers. I heard nothing about it for over a week and they just cancelled it, saying that there's an issue with my PayPal account which is bullshit because I use it nearly everyday (I don't plan on doing business with GameStop anymore, in any capacity; Amazon is leagues better so I'm not missing much). During that time, I saw these adapters on sale at Ebay for less than $20 USD but I didn't purchase it because I supposedly had my order in with GameStop. Now, I'm left with nothing because I refuse to order this adapter at the $15 above retail price. This sucks

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I ordered one of those forced bundles from GameStop with the two controllers. I heard nothing about it for over a week and they just cancelled it, saying that there's an issue with my PayPal account which is bullshit because I use it nearly everyday (I don't plan on doing business with GameStop anymore, in any capacity; Amazon is leagues better so I'm not missing much). During that time, I saw these adapters on sale at Ebay for less than $20 USD but I didn't purchase it because I supposedly had my order in with GameStop. Now, I'm left with nothing because I refuse to order this adapter at the $15 above retail price. This sucks
It's $20 on play-asia (see the link I posted earlier) with $8 shipping.

xecutionx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's $20 on play-asia (see the link I posted earlier) with $8 shipping.

I know, but by the time I receive it (according to their estimates) the official Nintendo Adapters will likely be in stock. I'm just venting, I wanted to play Mario Sunshine w/ Dolphin before classes and work leaves me with little free time.

I'm happy that MayFlash stepped up to meet the demand and it doesn't seem that they've released a product with issues.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
This supports the Wavebird (the older GC to USB Adaptors don't) and I'll be able to use it when I purchase a Wii U (waiting for Mewtwo).

Nintendo will possibly also release Mewtwo as a payable DLC character but if not then it's limited to those who bought the 3DS + Wii U versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo