Hacking The "Homebrew channel Wii U" before the E3 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichiworld

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know that the work in progress about the hack natively about the Wii U
And i heard that the objectif was to share us the first ways to hack before the E3
I just would like to know if this objective is always possible ? And know where did they have ?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the current team making the hack (Marionumber1, NWPlayer123 and friends), a kernel exploit is supposed to be released parallel to E3; this means hacks can be run with decently high permissions, but absolutely nothing can be installed to the console (so probably a Homebrew Menu, but not a Homebrew Channel). And don't expect to see anything before E3, it's either going to be during or after

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It doesn't really matter who said that, as it was even said here by the team.
nothing has been invented.

"expect something before E3" has been said few times.
But users might think that "release" means there will be homebrew ready to install and launch and pirate games etc.
if users wrongly interpret what will be release and possible (due to language barrier maybe), it could become a wrong rumor on other websites.

A note :
I don't like referring to code loaders as "The Homebrew Channel" for future consoles or homebrew.
1. it's a (copyrighted? in the sense that it's their own property and idea) name chosen by team twiizers for their homebrew launcher. It's not a general name to cover all launchers.
2. it was named "channel" because the installed Titles on system menus were called channels. It's no more the case on 3DS or WiiU. there's no "channel" anymore.

homebrew launcher, homebrew browser, etc. all are fine.
but "homebrew channel" refers to that particular released homebrew name on wii only.
/rant

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So tempted to be a dick and ask when the homebrew channel is going to be released, but I know better than that, or do I???

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
miss-read information is all it seem's to be. there is no actual deadline or promise date to be expected just a rough guess of which month it could possible be

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's not fake, just not totally right.
The team hope to do a release, but there's no fixed date as it still requires work.

and the article is good and correct.
no release date are given.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Our expected release date is right after Nintendo's presentation on June 16th, but all that's going to include is:
  • The new build system for making applications
  • The kernel exploit polished for 5.3.2
  • A Webkit exploit that works on 5.3.2
  • Possibly TCPGecko and Cafiine, we'll see how things go, should be around that time though.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Our expected release date is right after Nintendo's presentation on June 16th, but all that's going to include is:
  • The new build system for making applications
  • The kernel exploit polished for 5.3.2
  • A Webkit exploit that works on 5.3.2
  • Possibly TCPGecko and Cafiine, we'll see how things go, should be around that time though.
Is 5.3.2 the latest version? Is Cafiine the Riivolutuion replacement, I have not been paying much attention to the Wii U lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome