Hacking The game wont start unless i will update

Dontwait00

Unknown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If i will update the game, actually the system will freeze after launching the game (ex: mk8 will freeze after comes the flag background image).

But if i dont update, the game will not launch, and thats annoing.

Actually, isnt there any way, to cancel logs of a game or any type of homebrew witch can uninstall updates or dlcs??

Edit: the game will freeze after, because i installed a mk8 usa witch my wiiu is a pal version. Seems like the wiiu doesnt like games from another country.
Strange thing, is that, before (like 3-4 months ago), when i bought the wiiu, i didnt have this type of problem, witch came out after i ACCIDENTALLY updated the game from eShop...

Last edited by Dontwait00,

Sinon

You can call me either Mike or Autumn
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Download nus-patcher (homebrew app)
Run CFW
Open nus-patcher
Open Mario Kart 8
Profit?

or download the latest MK8 update from Ninty's server on PC and install it

Last edited by Sinon,

Dontwait00

Unknown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why not just install an PAL version of the game?
Was a bit complicated back then, because i disnt know how the wiiu worked.. lol

But what i did was, i searched for a wud file and came out only "USA Mario Kart 8 Loadiine Ready and WUD" witch i didnt know of wiiu usb helper (launcher) after like 2 months after

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Download nus-patcher (homebrew app)
Run CFW
Open nus-patcher
Open Mario Kart 8
Profit?

or download the latest MK8 update from Ninty's server on PC and install it
Doenst work like that.

Ninty's servers have allmost everything you will need, but the Wii U is a pain in the ass.

I tryied this hipotetical solutions:

->WIIU HELPER -> Download MK8 USA Update -> WUD Installer -> MK8 Freeze

->WIIU HELPER -> Download MK8 PAL Update -> WUD Installer -> MK8 Freeze

->MK8 requires update -> CDN eShop update -> MK8 Freeze

->NUS Patcher HB -> MK8 requires update -> CDN eShop update -> MK8 Freeze

Dontwait00

Unknown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mocha and haxchi are region free, but there are still problematic games.
It isnt the games, but the users that dont know how to handle a BRAIN ;)

(Witch i could download the same exact game, but im too lazy to open my pc just for fucking waste 5gb of a game witch i allready have in my wiiu..)

Last edited by Dontwait00,

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know of no such logs. there's some sort of an indexer, but I'm not sure which file that is. I think it might be the version.bin file, but don't quote me on that. you can downgrade games with that file, but you need to use a hex editor. the other possibility is a corrupted ticket. updates have their own tickets. look for it with tik2sd.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

(Witch i could download the same exact game, but im too lazy to open my pc just for fucking waste of 5gb of a game witch i allready have in my wiiu..)
Well there's your solution, whenever you want to actually do it its not really our issue. And next time, don't do stuff that you don't know how it works.

Dontwait00

Unknown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know of no such logs. there's some sort of an indexer, but I'm not sure which file that is. I think it might be the version.bin file, but don't quote me on that. you can downgrade games with that file, but you need to use a hex editor. the other possibility is a corrupted ticket. updates have their own tickets. look for it with tik2sd.
Are the same exact tickets as the the game ticket?

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, I believe updates have their own tickets. it sounds like something else is wrong though, 'cause I don't recall the system forcing a game update.

Dontwait00

Unknown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well there's your solution, whenever you want to actually do it its not really our issue. And next time, don't do stuff that you don't know how it works.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thats it: https://imgur.com/a/XGIv9JJ
no, I believe updates have their own tickets. it sounds like something else is wrong though, 'cause I don't recall the system forcing a game update.

Tosnic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Ho.
I have a very similar issue. Should I create a new thread for it or just hijack this one?
@ Captain_N: I tried starting Xenoblade X:
before installing HaxChi (System at v5.5.2) -> works from disc
after installing HaxChi (System at 5.5.3) does not work from disc nor HDD

I downloaded the game and DLC via WiiU USB Helper and installed both via WUP installer GX2.

EDIT: It turned out this erraneous behavior originated from the 2,5" HDD that did not get quite enough power to work properly. My other 2,5" HDD does not work either, even with a Y-cable.
-> get a 3,5" HDD that comes with its own power source. Those should work 100%.

Last edited by Tosnic,
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    me, a muslim dying from a plane crashing into me would be sad irony
    Gift
  • Gift
  • TheZander @ TheZander:
    a person had their ds stolen and youre going on about irony
    Gift
    youre acting like a ds being stolen is some sort of tragic event that no one should ever joke about
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Any way to get the stuff available over mystery gift in brilliant diamond / shining pearl on a modded switch?
    +1
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    since, like... connecting to the internet with it isn't the best idea
    +1
    Gift
    play a better game ;o;
    Gift
  • Gift
  • TheZander @ TheZander:
    were you even joking about the ds? also a stolen ds is a huge tragedy. I'm beginning
    to wonder where your priorities lie
    +2
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Ophelia_Later @ Ophelia_Later:
    TheZander
    @ TheZander: were you even joking about the ds? also a stolen ds is a huge tragedy. I'm beginningto wonder where your priorities lie
    Gift
  • Ophelia_Later @ Ophelia_Later:
    not a joke it was stolen and yes streetpass was turned on but i don't have a mac id or any clue of who did it. is there any hope of getting it back ive invested over $1,000 in it
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    This mac n cheese is bad
    +1
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    how tf do you invest over a grand in a DS?

Signed, someone who has invested over $700 in a mechanical keyboard
    +1
    Gift
    ive broken 4 digits
    Gift
    (ok, not me technically, since i myself didnt spend the money,my parents did, but still)
    Gift
    also on a related note, i should start treating my keyboard better, my friend saw my keyboard while visiting my house and he said "holy shit why is it this dirty do you like shove it up your ass right after you clean it or something"
    Gift
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    Lol you'd imagine anyone that can put 1k towards a ds would have fuck it money and just buy it again
    Gift
    (and for those of you wondering, no i dont shove it up my ass i just eat while gaming)
    Gift
    I swear some of these new users are duplicate accounts just to troll the shitbox lol
    Gift
    i mean, let's not pretend we contribute great stuff here normally
    Gift
    So you admit to having duplicate accounts? Sickly you know the offense for that :0
    +1
    Gift
    although it does have it's moments, where else would i have to specify i dont shove keyboards up my ass
    Gift
    Fun fact I didn't really realize the big pack in little Debbie's meant big snacks I thought they were double layred so I got home and was amazed and felt sick after finishing a big Christmas tree
    +1
    Gift
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Fun fact I didn't really realize the big pack in little Debbie's meant big snacks I thought they... +1