OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Note: the podcast is published first on Anchor.fm, but will be available on all of the other platforms within a couple of hours.

podcast_banner-png.206030

Artwork by BEPISMAN
Spotify
Anchor.fm
Apple Podcasts
Google Podcasts
Breaker
Overcast
RadioPublic
Pocket Cast

A historic episode! For the first time ever, a staff member is interviewed! Tonight our guest is the notorious DinohScene - a GBAtemp moderator, and good friend. In this interview, we discuss the intricacies of being a GBAtemp staff member, Xbox's, and GTA speedrunning

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So extremely busy day for me today only had time to listen to a few minutes of this. First of all Dinoh at times has an American Irish accent then its a posh English twat then it was god knows what :rofl2:.

I'm also guessing due to the lack of comments here Dinoh perhaps wasn't the best choice to go with @AlanJohn lol.

Anyhoo don't let that stop you with the interviews please.

Reactions: Alexander1970

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Never done an interview like this but I had one hell of a blast!

GTA speedrunning is a tough thing to wrap your head around without going into extreme technical detail.
I honestly tried to keep that as short as possible ;p

I recommend watching Joshimuz's ESA any% showcase.
Honestly, half an hour is to short to explain ;p

posh English twat

Drunk Scottish pillock <З

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not gonna lie... kinda saw this comming because Dino is someone (besides Vins and Alan) that actually interacts with this forum.
Something that surprised me though, is the fact that for some reason I thought that Dino was a girl so I was expecting a gal's voice instead.

5/10 - IGN
Too much british accent

EDIT: God damn... too many furries here, I got confused.

Last edited by JuanMena,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome interview!

Thanks, @DinohScene , for the rundown on the RROD. I don’t play my 360 for long sessions, so I haven’t stressed the gpu since reviving it from the RROD.

Also just realized that if you were born in the 90’s, you will hate the 4:3 resolution as 16:9 was becoming a standard by the time you were old enough to care. :)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Awesome interview!

Thanks, @DinohScene , for the rundown on the RROD. I don’t play my 360 for long sessions, so I haven’t stressed the gpu since reviving it from the RROD.

Also just realized that if you were born in the 90’s, you will hate the 4:3 resolution as 16:9 was becoming a standard by the time you were old enough to care. :)

Yeh RROD has to be checked by the secondary error codes to determine what causes the failure.
And as always, reball is better then reflow.

I actually don't mind both resolutions, SA is best played in 4:3 tbf.
Better referencing for speedrunning.
Hell me lappy is 16:10 haha.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
5/10 - IGN
Too much british accent
There is no such thing as a British accent. Scotland alone has many different accents. England even more.

it’s difficult to put a precise number on how many accents there is in Scotland as people will disagree over what constitutes a separate accent etc.

For example, many people in the west of Scotland from around the Glasgow area will class themselves as having a Glaswegian accent, whereas others will call it a ‘Lanarkshire’ accent.

The biggest difference in accent is found between the east and west coast; you have Glaswegian/Lanarkshire/Ayrshire on the west coast and you have your Edinburgh/Fife on the east coast.

There are also multiple highland accents, and several western isles accents from the inner and outer Hebrides. Orkney and Shetland which form the northern isles also have their own distinct accents. Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire also have a distinct north-east accent, sometimes called Doric. However, even the fishing villages in the surrounding areas will sound different, so it’s difficult to say where one accent stops and another starts and what constitutes a separate accent.

It’s also worth noting that Glaswegians and indeed anyone from the surrounding Glasgow/Lanarkshire area have a terrible habit of calling anyone who speaks in anything other than a broad Glaswegian/Lanarkshire accent a ‘teuchter’ (Lowland Scots slang for a Highlander) I get called a teuchter all the time since moving to Glasgow from the Outer Hebrides lol.

Even in Glasgow itself there is a distinction between the affluent west-end of the city and the rest of it - in these areas, such as Bearsden and Milngavie, the residents have a distinct ‘twang’ to their accent, which is sometimes mocked as a sign of being posh and because the accent is often copied by students - particularly Glagow University students - who wish to fit into a particular clique.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeh RROD has to be checked by the secondary error codes to determine what causes the failure.
And as always, reball is better then reflow.

I actually don't mind both resolutions, SA is best played in 4:3 tbf.
Better referencing for speedrunning.
Hell me lappy is 16:10 haha.
reball and reflow arent the same thing?

yes, gta is nice in 4:3. someday, ill get a tv just for my consoles. my wife watches bullshit tv on that thing.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope, reballing actually replaces the solder balls underneath the GPU/CPU/RAM/HANA whatever chip.
Reflowing just heats them up till melting so they connect again.

The former uses a tin/lead alloy for the new BGA and the latter just heats up the existing brittle tin BGA.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is no such thing as a British accent. Scotland alone has many different accents. England even more.

it’s difficult to put a precise number on how many accents there is in Scotland as people will disagree over what constitutes a separate accent etc.

For example, many people in the west of Scotland from around the Glasgow area will class themselves as having a Glaswegian accent, whereas others will call it a ‘Lanarkshire’ accent.

The biggest difference in accent is found between the east and west coast; you have Glaswegian/Lanarkshire/Ayrshire on the west coast and you have your Edinburgh/Fife on the east coast.

There are also multiple highland accents, and several western isles accents from the inner and outer Hebrides. Orkney and Shetland which form the northern isles also have their own distinct accents. Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire also have a distinct north-east accent, sometimes called Doric. However, even the fishing villages in the surrounding areas will sound different, so it’s difficult to say where one accent stops and another starts and what constitutes a separate accent.

It’s also worth noting that Glaswegians and indeed anyone from the surrounding Glasgow/Lanarkshire area have a terrible habit of calling anyone who speaks in anything other than a broad Glaswegian/Lanarkshire accent a ‘teuchter’ (Lowland Scots slang for a Highlander) I get called a teuchter all the time since moving to Glasgow from the Outer Hebrides lol.

Even in Glasgow itself there is a distinction between the affluent west-end of the city and the rest of it - in these areas, such as Bearsden and Milngavie, the residents have a distinct ‘twang’ to their accent, which is sometimes mocked as a sign of being posh and because the accent is often copied by students - particularly Glagow University students - who wish to fit into a particular clique.
Those are even more accents. So I give you a 3/10.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Welcome!