The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition announced, will get PS5 and Series X upgrade

SKY10_Anni_Edition_in-body_EN.jpg

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is turning ten years old, and what better way to celebrate such an occasion than with a port. Bethesda will be releasing an edition of Skyrim for last generation systems, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and of course PC, titled The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition, which is an enhanced version of the already release Special Edition remaster of the game. It'll contain a multitude of new additions from the Bethesda Creation Club, such as fishing, new quests, new weapons, and other enhancements to the Skyrim experience. Those that already own the Special Edition will be able to upgrade to the Anniversary Edition on for an unknown price point, while the upgrade to PS5 and Series X|S later down the line will be free. Skyrim Anniversary Edition launches on the 10th anniversary of the game--November 11, 2021.

:arrow: Source

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Current and future owners of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition on any platform [...] will receive access to three free pieces of Creation Club content: Fishing, Survival Mode and even new quests with Saints and Seducers
humm, so the owners of the special edition still get "three" free upgrades. not the 500+, only 3 !

I still don't own Skyrim (yeah, after 10 years !).
I would like to try skyrim VR ..... but NOT buy a second skyrim if I don't like VR version ! EVEN LESS start again from the start of the game ! At least they could have made it cross save.
I wish the anniversary edition would just have an option to switch VR on/off in the same game at any time like most, if not all others, games do...

The special edition is often in sale on PS4/5, and I often hesitate to take it.
At least, I would have the free upgrade to PS5 in November.
and later, I could buy the "500+" pack upgrade. Well, will I want the 500+ ? really ? I'm not even sure I'll complete the game and use the existing features, and you want to put 500 more things to do in it?

Well, still hesitating :P
I think the "special edition" is probably better for me. Unless they announce VR (or even better PSVR2) edition included in anniversary ! Then, I'll get that one. for now, it's none.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Xzi

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, boy! Seriously, there are trying to stay relevant (and not to be forgotten) while buying even MORE time to work on TESVI & Starfield. Let's hope MS pushes them into making some progress quick.. It's been a decade already!

Reactions: c410bp

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if they'd add new races/classes, new types of dragons, ability to ride dragons, some mode of transportation other than horses, ability to carry a backpack (i know there are mods for it), some guild quest, and some new type of enemies, just to give the Anniversary Edition some merit and spice things up a bit. But no! none of this will.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
as the prophecy foretold. I wonder how many cheesewheels my house can contain before crashing the Series X.
Probably the exact same as the original xbox 360 version. It is not like they fix bugs in these rereleases.

Isn't 6 supposed to be coming out. I mean wtf we to the point that it takes 10+ years to make 1 game. Quit waisting time recoding old shit and put those people to work actually making new shit.
But if people are still buying the old shit by the droves, and your competition is not up to much, then milk that cash cow while you can.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now thats it, i throw in the towel, we are getting new consoles to play games that were already ported to the last gen, from then gen before and now ported agin to current gen.

And it will have nothing done to it, wow add some new weapons and side missions.

Erm no thanks, itll be the same sodding game, no graphical, model, texture improvements, just another port of a port.

Just like gta5 again, another port been ported again.

Jesus all these lazy ports is starting to be as bad as nintendo, but at least we know we will eventually stary seeing new ips taking advantage of the next gen hardware.

But maybe we will see nintendo play catch up as its already a generation above ms and sony, and theyll release a sub par console to the ps4/xbx1x and theyll then again promise better support again aka all the games they lacked due to the Switch's inferior hardware, but nintendo will ensure it lacks the hardware to play the current new big aaa titles third parties are releasing on ps5/xbx sx.

Or maybe theyre ignorant and refuse, consider its next upgrade when they run out of the nvidia chips that nvidia have provided them as theyve stopped production of that chip and nintendo either pay up for nvidias new chip or they find an alternative.

My spidey senses tell me nintendo will hold off as long as possible to try find a cheap supplier to provide the same equivalent chip to keep its costs down rather than paying nvidia for its newer superior chip which will cost them more.

They're already ripping gamers off with its price increase for its shitty OLED screen which is pointless, when its games struggle to run at higher resolutions when portable, poor fram rates, poor resultions and games that have had its textures and models reduced in order to run smoothly.

Why bother paying more for a new system to run these type of games when you own or gamers are likely to own an OLED tv thats far bigger, mine been 65inch 8k OLED tv and find the switch doesnt benefit anything from it at all as none of its games support 4k never mind 8k and in saying that, even if it did, the game textures are still low resolution and games struggle with frame issues at 720p so it wont do any bettet trying to upscale to 8k, itll just run at 720p or 1080p which is pointless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm