Donato_Dobango

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
So it's time to place your bets: will we ever see the release of even one, let alone all three, new Duke Nukem games on the DS?

They were announced well over a year ago and shown off at e3 (to decided mixed reviews), but since then we've heard little to nothing about them. The first game was supposed to be released in the first quarter of 2009 and obviously that did not happen.

Do you think this is just the typical Duke Nukem lag/delay/stall tactics? Do you think they took the criticisms of their design decision to make the game 2D side scrolling except for shooting, when it turns pseudo-3D to heart and are redesigning the game from the ground up? Was the game quietly canceled to little or no fanfare?

Place your bets: the person who guesses right wins one (1) internets!

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*chuckles*
If they don't pull a Duke Nukem Forever, according to various sites it might be out in March 31 2010.

Unfortunately it looks like a merge between the old platformer duke and the duke 3d.
They have this odd video angle for the game play. If you look at the video on amazon.com.

Btw, personally I don't think it's going to look good on Nintendo DS but maybe on the PSP it will.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games look really bad and are made by Apogee who published the original platformers years ago. Sadly Apogee is only Apogee in name only.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeh it is too bad it's not the original Apogee. Personally I'd have stuck to the old Platformer method. I'm getting tired of badly done 3D sigh...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr