Hacking The Definitive vWii Hacking Guide!

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hacked my actual Wii (the old one) with 4GB card but with the case of vWii (Virtual Wii on Wii U), you are stuck with either a 2GB SD card (or less) , i personally used a 1GB micro SD plugged to SD adapter that i found in one of my old mobile phones and worked perfectly. After the initial setup tho you may use any capacity SD/micro-SD card formatted to FAT32..

Welp, I guess I'm not going to be able to hack my vWii then...
(I only have an 8gb,a 16gb, and a 64gb sdcard(s).)

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I guess I'm not going to be able to hack my vWii then...
(I only have an 8gb,a 16gb, and a 64gb sdcard(s).)

You can always try anyways, it won't hurt anything. You'll just have to unplug and replug the power cord if it doesn't work.

I can 99.99% guarantee it won't work, but some people claim it does. <.< And there's really no reason not to give it a go I suppose. Try formatting your card to FAT32 and FAT16. Let us know if it works.

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always try anyways, it won't hurt anything. You'll just have to unplug and replug the power cord if it doesn't work.

I can 99.99% guarantee it won't work, but some people claim it does. <.< And there's really no reason not to give it a go I suppose. Try formatting your card to FAT32 and FAT16. Let us know if it works.
Ok, I'll try it, I'm still pretty sure it won't work however...

Reactions: CJB100

CJB100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it didn't work. (it didn't freeze either)

This really sucks since I'm completely broke right now... :(

Do you have USB device? Do me a solid, and try putting your SD Card files on the USB Drive, plugging it in and then try the exploit.

Also, didn't freeze? Did you get a prompt with white text on a black screen at all?

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have USB device? Do me a solid, and try putting your SD Card files on the USB Drive, plugging it in and then try the exploit.

Also, didn't freeze? Did you get a prompt with white text on a black screen at all?
Nope, It didn't freeze. I'll try putting my usb files on my sd card then.

CJB100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, It didn't freeze. I'll try putting my usb files on my sd card then.

You did get the prompt that says something about not finding the file or SD card init or something, right? Also you're meaning, put your SD Card files on the USB, correct?

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You did get the prompt that says something about not finding the file or SD card init or something, right? Also you're meaning, put your SD Card files on the USB, correct?
I found a cheap SanDisk 2gb micro SD card. I'm just going to hack my vWii after that comes in the mail.

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had the time, I'd definitely start a "service" where I let users borrow pre-setup SD cards for vWii hacking free of charge, as long as users pay shipping. An exploitable game could be possible too, but since that's worth more than an SD card, it'd be risky.

Regardless, I lack the time to do it. :(

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i have Super Smash but it is the PAL version (european i assume)

will it not work with my US WiiU (for the vwii) ? is there no workaround using the exploit stuff that we have for 5.5.1?

CJB100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have Super Smash but it is the PAL version (european i assume)

will it not work with my US WiiU (for the vwii) ? is there no workaround using the exploit stuff that we have for 5.5.1?

I believe if it's the PAL version it won't even work on an NTSC console.

And no, there isn't.

TICALyen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just used your guide. Worked perfectly thanks!
1 Question.
I had my Wii modded for many years now. And mostly just used USB loader and nes and snes emulator's.
Can I use the sdcard out of my Wii which already has all the apps, covers, saves, etc...? Safely?

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just used your guide. Worked perfectly thanks!
1 Question.
I had my Wii modded for many years now. And mostly just used USB loader and nes and snes emulator's.
Can I use the sdcard out of my Wii which already has all the apps, covers, saves, etc...? Safely?

vWii and Wii files are different..tho similar or some are compatible but most of the time are different..pls don't use those files fom Wii to vWii..you will brick your system..your save files you might be able to use them but homebrew apps etc, for your safety, never use them..

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
hello , thank you for the tutorial , softmoded my wii u with this <3
Is there a way to install usbloadergx, as a channel tho ( i have it on my wii because someone jailbreaked it for me ) ? i tried looking online and all i could found was a forwarder ..

Last edited by Ghassen-ga,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes