Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, but I already have the update servers blocked at the router level. What I mean is, is there anything I should get while I have access to the store? I was thinking along the lines of exploitable titles that could be useful in the future. I've been out of the scene for a while so I really don't know.
Not really, the only exploitable games work better in disc form. You're good, unless someone else can think of something I'm not.

Reactions: galneon

Brian Turner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the information. it has been very useful. I do have a couple question:

If I am at FW version 3.1.0U, you state it is best to stay there, but it looks like Loadiine does not support 3.x.x yet, and I can not tell it there is full support for 4.x.x yet.

So, is there hope the 3.1.0U will be getting a loader, or should I look at upgrading to a FW that is supported by Loadliine.

Just trying to make some plans before I take any plunge.

Thanks

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most people will recommend you update since there's no point in staying at such a low firmware because you can't take advantage of any exploits. I'd say update to 5.5.1, or 5.3.2.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean?
An IOSU exploit exists on versions <5.2.0. Well, a documentation of it at least. So someone could develop it into an exploit.
The reason no one is really doing that is because not a lot of Wii Us are on <5.2.0. Most are on either 5.3.2 or 5.5.1. An IOSU exploit is possible on 5.5.1, so that's what people are working on.

Reactions: 7Robins

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An IOSU exploit exists on versions <5.2.0. Well, a documentation of it at least. So someone could develop it into an exploit.
The reason no one is really doing that is because not a lot of Wii Us are on <5.2.0. Most are on either 5.3.2 or 5.5.1. An IOSU exploit is possible on 5.5.1, so that's what people are working on.
Ohh, I wasn't aware of that thanks for the information.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fiveighteen I have a tiny little suggestion ;p. Where it says exploitable firmware you could put < 5.5.1 since every firmware under 5.5.1 is exploitable.
While they're exploitable, there actually aren't exploits made for every FW on and under 5.5.1. The Homebrew Launcher is currently compatible with 3.0.0, 3.1.0, 4.0.0, 4.1.0, 5.0.0, 5.1.0, 5.3.2, 5.4.0, 5.5.0, 5.5.1 though, so I changed "EXPLOITABLE FW" to that, since those are the FW that you can run homebrew on. Thanks for the tip/idea.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
While they're exploitable, there actually aren't exploits made for every FW on and under 5.5.1. The Homebrew Launcher is currently compatible with 3.0.0, 3.1.0, 4.0.0, 4.1.0, 5.0.0, 5.1.0, 5.3.2, 5.4.0, 5.5.0, 5.5.1 though, so I changed "EXPLOITABLE FW" to that, since those are the FW that you can run homebrew on. Thanks for the tip/idea.
You're welcome, and you're also right ;p.

D

Deleted User

@fiveighteen

popcornhax.comuf.com has been deprecated and turned into popcornhax.honor.es

A couple other websites were also added here

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you add pacman to the games section too? And a couple others?

ViolentRockstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,
It's been a long time since I've visited this forum and I would like to ask some questions.
Because the IOSU exploit isn't released yet, there's no EmuNand available. However, I'd still like to play, for example, Mario Maker with its online features. Now, since I've installed the Kexploit on my WiiU (5.5.1), there's no way to play Online games without disabling TubeHax DNS, right?

Celtic_spike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if i have the update servers blocked via a router access list i assume i should be ok to unblock them once a game has booted to play online.
so lets say i wanna play mario kart 8, and i boot the game , am i ok to unblock access to nin servers and play the game online and just make sure i engage the block again before going back to home page

ViolentRockstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if i have the update servers blocked via a router access list i assume i should be ok to unblock them once a game has booted to play online.
so lets say i wanna play mario kart 8, and i boot the game , am i ok to unblock access to nin servers and play the game online and just make sure i engage the block again before going back to home page
This is my question in a nutshell :P

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most, if not all, games will work with a DNS or router settings set up to block the update servers. I have two DNSes setup and I can still access Splatoon and MK8 online no problem, and use the browser.

Reactions: Celtic_spike

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, could you share the adresses you blocked with us? Would be much appreciated :D
I personally didn't block any of the addresses, I'm just using DNSes that have been set to block these addresses, listed in the OP:
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net
You can also block these using your router as well for extra protection, but these will allow you to still access all online features.

ViolentRockstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I personally didn't block any of the addresses, I'm just using DNSes that have been set to block these addresses, listed in the OP:

You can also block these using your router as well for extra protection, but these will allow you to still access all online features.
I use TubeHax DNS, which basically does the same. However, I am unable to connect to the Nintendo Online Services used in their games. Do you use a DNS other than TubeHax perhaps?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use TubeHax DNS, which basically does the same. However, I am unable to connect to the Nintendo Online Services used in their games. Do you use a DNS other than TubeHax perhaps?
Tubehax should work perfectly, verify that you entered it in correctly by trying to access the eShop. Also, what version is your WiiU on?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tubehax should work perfectly, verify that you entered it in correctly by trying to access the eShop. Also, what version is your WiiU on?

I've been wondering about that Tubehax and using it in conjunction with the router blacklist method (blocking the download/update services), is that no longer recommended?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1