Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

TrojanHorse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
make sure to buy the original bundles, the ones with disc copys ;p

haha yah totally, this is the first digital item ive ever bought, always buy disc copies. But to be honest, BestBuy in Canada doesn't sell any Wii U's bundled with Physical games, its all digital bullshit lol. Thats where i had all my gift cards so I couldn't really go elsewhere. I'll report back on if the exchange was possible (I think it'll primarily be based on if the staff is in a good mood that day), if not I'll just have to play Mario Kart until a 5.4.0 kernel exploit is released :(.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
[QUOTE="fiveighteen, post: 5741498,Ask in the Loadiine compatibility thread :) That isn't the first time I've heard of someone getting an error about a dirty disc. @jammybudga777 did you ever get that figured out?
[/QUOTE]
Yeah when I first use loadiine I had the folder structure setup incorrectly (this was with golden 45 v01) when I got it right it worked

asian flavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to give a heads up on the Wii U bundle that I picked up from Wal-mart in Illinois. It's this one,
Code:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Wii-U-Super-Mario-3D-World-Deluxe-Set-Console/39404094
It came with 5.3.2 instead of 5.2.1 that was posted in the OP. Still a good find, but wanted to give a heads up for the next person.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to give a heads up on the Wii U bundle that I picked up from Wal-mart in Illinois. It's this one,
Code:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Wii-U-Super-Mario-3D-World-Deluxe-Set-Console/39404094
It came with 5.3.2 instead of 5.2.1 that was posted in the OP. Still a good find, but wanted to give a heads up for the next person.
Is it the one with SM3DW and Nintendo Land preinstalled, or did it come with the discs?

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
I posted that, and I was wrong, it actually came with 5.1.2. I can confirm it because its still on it. I was going to update my 2nd Wii U to 5.3.2 til I saw the twitter feed from naerwhert about firmware less than 5.2

asian flavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted that, and I was wrong, it actually came with 5.1.2. I can confirm it because its still on it. I was going to update my 2nd Wii U to 5.3.2 til I saw the twitter feed from naerwhert about firmware less than 5.2
I wonder if Ninny is putting out 2nd edition of these bundles.

Is it the one with SM3DW and Nintendo Land preinstalled, or did it come with the discs?

The one I got had the games pre-installed.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay to get the Super Mario Brothers bundle?
I'd say it's a pretty safe bet. I doubt they've updated and released more of that bundle due to it's age.

I wonder if Ninny is putting out 2nd edition of these bundles.

The one I got had the games pre-installed.
Seems like they are for titles that are still top sellers. Thanks for the info. Updated OP.

dragoncity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the solution for black freeze.

In fact if you do not put Nintendo account, there will be a freeze each time.
And me as I had formatted, every time I had a freeze.
So I looked for what had changed since it worked before.
And I gave my Nintendo account, and now it's perfect!

For those who wish, I made a tutorial on my blog, it is in French.

http://dragoncity17.blogspot.com/2015/10/wii-u-hack-loadiine.html

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the solution for black freeze.

In fact if you do not put Nintendo account, there will be a freeze each time.
And me as I had formatted, every time I had a freeze.
So I looked for what had changed since it worked before.
And I gave my Nintendo account, and now it's perfect!

For those who wish, I made a tutorial on my blog, it is in French.

http://dragoncity17.blogspot.com/2015/10/wii-u-hack-loadiine.html
I just want to make sure sure I have this straight. It worked once, then you formatted your Wii U and didn't log in with your NNID and it stopped working, so then you logged in and it worked again?

How did you log in with the NNID without connecting to Nintendo's servers and updating?

Last edited by fiveighteen,

KFresh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any youtube guide to doing this? Reading the first post is super confusing for me, and doesn't really list out the steps for me personally that well?

BALLIN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any youtube guide to doing this? Reading the first post is super confusing for me, and doesn't really list out the steps for me personally that well?

unfortunately there isn't a full single you tube video yet. The guide is the simplest laid out format typed. Just go through the guide step by step and with a little bit of time and learning you could get through it.

If for some reason you do get stuck there are you tube videos of different sections of the hack so if needed just search each area your stuck at.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country

I kind've agree with this statement. It reads almost like a FAQ and less a guide. @fiveighteen do you think you could make spoiler tags?

Example:

Should I update my Wii U?
Quoted from naehrwert @ https://twitter.com/naehrwert/status/655782468688199680:
If your Wii U is still on firmware version < 5.2.0 and you want 'easy' IOSU hax in the future: don't update
Hykem said:
Nonetheless, it's a IOSU userland flaw only at the moment. It should be more relevant if it's possible to attack the kernel with it.

The flaw itself was patched after 5.2.0, so, the general rule applies, if you're on a low firmware already, don't update. If you have already updated then don't worry about it.
You're not missing out anything if you updated your console, this is just a warning for those who still are on a low firmware version. By not updating you will have access to more attack vectors in the future.
The plan is still to provide a full exploit that works up to the latest firmware (that means IOSU userland and kernel access up to 5.5.0).
Advantages of updating to 4.1.0 or 5.0.0:
  • Have the most reliable Kernel Exploit
  • IOSU Exploit may be released on these first
  • Can use TCP Gecko and Cafiine
  • IOSU Exploit soon™
Advantages of updating to 5.3.2:
  • Can use all available hacks
Advantages of staying on 5.4.0 if you are there:
  • A Kernel Exploit is coming soon

It would condense the first post.

dragoncity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just want to make sure sure I have this straight. It worked once, then you formatted your Wii U and didn't log in with your NNID and it stopped working, so then you logged in and it worked again?

Yes exactly, after formatting I did not want to get my nintendo identifiers.
And if you do that, it does not work!

How did you log in with the NNID without connecting to Nintendo's servers and updating?

So already I spoofed in 5.5.0.
Then I launched the Nintendo shop and he asked me identifiers.
Well, I hope that my return will be useful for those who have the same worries because to find the solution had to guess that it came identifiers !! ^^

Reactions: fiveighteen

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind've agree with this statement. It reads almost like a FAQ and less a guide. @fiveighteen do you think you could make spoiler tags?

Example:

Should I update my Wii U?
Quoted from naehrwert @ https://twitter.com/naehrwert/status/655782468688199680:
If your Wii U is still on firmware version < 5.2.0 and you want 'easy' IOSU hax in the future: don't update
Hykem said:
Nonetheless, it's a IOSU userland flaw only at the moment. It should be more relevant if it's possible to attack the kernel with it.

The flaw itself was patched after 5.2.0, so, the general rule applies, if you're on a low firmware already, don't update. If you have already updated then don't worry about it.
You're not missing out anything if you updated your console, this is just a warning for those who still are on a low firmware version. By not updating you will have access to more attack vectors in the future.
The plan is still to provide a full exploit that works up to the latest firmware (that means IOSU userland and kernel access up to 5.5.0).
Advantages of updating to 4.1.0 or 5.0.0:
  • Have the most reliable Kernel Exploit
  • IOSU Exploit may be released on these first
  • Can use TCP Gecko and Cafiine
  • IOSU Exploit soon™
Advantages of updating to 5.3.2:
  • Can use all available hacks
Advantages of staying on 5.4.0 if you are there:
  • A Kernel Exploit is coming soon

It would condense the first post.
I had it that way originally but switched it since there was only one Kernel Exploit, TCO Gecko, and Cafiine at that time. It might be worth going back to spolier tags now that the OP is nearing 30 sections. :P We've come a long way!

Also, writing it as more of a FAQ proved to be better since I found that just having a "TCP Gecko" section still led to questions about "what do I need to do to extract files from the game?" Users didn't know they needed to look under TCP Gecko to find that, and didn't want to read the whole OP to discover it.

Last edited by fiveighteen,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wandering I know people are buying these packages with intentions on updating to FW5.3.2 but does not the wiiu have to be updated by force when you first set it up?. I'm sure I did I remember back then, it was a massive update you had too when you first set the internet settings up, you where told by a big nag else if not, no internet connectivity at all to anything I'm sure all that was blocked off. Or has this changed now, can you just use a disc and its all ok to 5.3.2? I'm surprised actually Nintendo has not implemented anything yet off the spoof to FW5.5.0 ticket to stop it, using NUS downloader.

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps