Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

ossay78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I've read the first post about should I update my WiiU?
the question is, I've got my WiiU Bundle Super Mario 3D and Nintendo Land, obviously it has stock firmware at 5.1.2.
According to the scene the most user prefer/use 5.3.2 firmware (maybe about loadiine compatibilty).

Should I update my 5.1.2 wiiu to 5.3.2 or will it be better for me to wait for IOSU release?

thanks in advance.

epicrean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The kernel exploit gives you the freeze or Loadiine itself? The "Loadiine Kernel" is the one that may take a ton of tries to get working initially. There are steps in the OP to try to help. Once you get it working the first time it should be much more reliable thereafter.

I am loading the page then clicking the link that says "Loadline Kernel (5.3.2)" This is the first thing I click on as soon as get to the page. This causes the wii u to go black.

Epic

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
the question is, I've got my WiiU Bundle Super Mario 3D and Nintendo Land, obviously it has stock firmware at 5.1.2.
According to the scene the most user prefer/use 5.3.2 firmware (maybe about loadiine compatibilty).

Should I update my 5.1.2 wiiu to 5.3.2 or will it be better for me to wait for IOSU release?

thanks in advance.
As fiveighteen said earlier, discs have something called an update partition, which determines to which firmware your Wii U will be updated to. If you own any disc with an update partition for 5.3.2, I see no reason to hold back.
Depends on if you want to hack now, go for 5.3.2, it has Loadiine, Dumpiine, basically all available hacks right now. The hacks would have to be ported to older firmware in order for you to hack, so it's best to work with what you have, because you will wait long if you just keep hoping homebrew gets ported.

Last edited by lonemoonHD,
Reactions: ossay78

ossay78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
As fiveighteen said earlier, discs have something called an update partition, which determines to which firmware your Wii U will be updated. If you own any disc with an update partition for 5.3.2, I see no reason to hold back.
Depends on if you want to hack now, go for 5.3.2, it has Loadiine, Dumpiine, basically all available hacks right now. The hacks would have to be ported to older firmware in order for you to hack, so it's best to work with what you have, because you will wait long if you just keep hoping homebrew gets ported.

this is definitely what i wanted to know, thanks for your best advice. I think I've got to buy some disc with 3.5.2.

thank you very much, :)

:)

Reactions: lonemoonHD

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country

thanks in advance.
just something for you to consider about

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That post is outdated.

Naehrwert's team will stockpile their exploit (which is completely different from Hykem's), but keep it private. Now that Hykem has blessed us with his time again, plus the keys being public and the IOSU exploit working up to 5.5.1, don't update past 5.3.2 if your intention is hacking. Don't update past 5.5.1 if you want to play online and hack somewhere down the line.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
That post is outdated.

Naehrwert's team will stockpile their exploit (which is completely different from Hykem's), but keep it private. Now that Hykem has blessed us with his time again, plus the keys being public and the IOSU exploit working up to 5.5.1, don't update past 5.3.2 if your intention is hacking. Don't update past 5.5.1 if you want to play online and hack somewhere down the line.
yeah I know about naehrwert not releasing anything, but other devs may step up to do this
I'm not saying that he shouldn't update, but if I were him, I'd stick with his current FW :)

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
OP Updated
Fixed NNU Patcher
DefinitivePackage-20160117.zip (mirror) (password: wiiu)

I can host this files locally right? I found this "simple http server" for android and it seems that I can run .html files there..

Are there any disadvantages for hosting files thru Andoid phones?

I want to update my Hyrule Warriors, I'm on 5.3.0 btw..

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can host this files locally right? I found this "simple http server" for android and it seems that I can run .html files there..

Are there any disadvantages for hosting files thru Andoid phones?

I want to update my Hyrule Warriors, I'm on 5.3.0 btw..
Yes, you can host the exploit files locally. A guide should be provided in the OP. There should be no major disadvantages other than stability issues, but aside from that, it's possible and it works well.

If you want to update, update to 5.3.2 if you're interested in hacking asap. If you want to play online and still hack, spoof to 5.5.1 and block updates.

Last edited by lonemoonHD,
Reactions: kiryu1

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I have read that Splatoon is the best option for 5.3.2, there's no reprints with higher firmware for that gaem right?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you want to update, update to 5.3.2 if you're interested in hacking asap. If you want to play online and still hack, update to 5.5.1 and block updates.

There's no reason to update past 5.3.2 though (did you mean for him to spoof instead?). All he'd have to do is spoof to 5.5.1 (not the same as updating) and then use WUP installer to install the latest updates for his games. That way he can hack, run Loadiine, play online, go on the eShop, etc. Basically the best of both worlds, having the cake and eating it, etc.

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There's no reason to update past 5.3.2 though (did you mean for him to spoof instead?). All he'd have to do is spoof to 5.5.1 (not the same as updating) and then use WUP installer to install the latest updates for his games. That way he can hack, run Loadiine, play online, go on the eShop, etc. Basically the best of both worlds, having the cake and eating it, etc.
Yes, that's what I meant. I forget that word everytime. Thanks for filling it in. xD

Reactions: daxtsu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P