Hardware The dead ps4 thread

Roy Gantt

Trophies
Website
www.heliumgraphics.com
XP
Country
United States
Mines mostly had no problems until it was knocked down by my nephew and coincidentally on the hdmi port too, Just wondering (internally speaking) what can be affected in my P4 now due too that it was a nearly 2 foot fall on ceramic tile or hard wood can anyone tell me I would greatly appreciate it as I hadn't yet noticed anything.

Roy Gantt

Trophies
Website
www.heliumgraphics.com
XP
Country
United States
P1ngpong originally asked

"So I got metro redux on the ps4 a few days ago, the only game in quite a while that I was really keen to play on that system. Within an hour or so of playing my PS4 suddenly decided to switch itself off which is something that it has randomly done a few times in the past. I turned it back on and it went straight into safe mode and after rebuilding the database it booted up as normal and I was able to play for a bit more until it decided to switch off yet again. This time though it was stuck in a safe mode loop and no matter what I did it would return to safe mode, I had to physically remove the HDD and pop it back in to boot up as normal.

Even though it was working again it was obvious that the PS4 was on its way out and I wasn't going to wait for it to completely fail so I returned it to the store today and got a replacement. I exchanged my launch day Killzone bundle PS4 for a Last of Us bundled PS4 which actually worked out pretty sweet as I had no intention of ever playing killzone again. On top of everything I also received a £16 refund because TLoU bundle was cheaper than the killzone bundle so I really cant complain about being slightly inconvenienced.

Anyway upon getting the new PS4 home and booting it up and using it for a good few hours to download stuff and play Metro Redux I was struck at just how quiet the new system is compared to my old one, the old one from day one whirred and clicked all the time which I though was normal but the new PS4 is virtually silent. A member of irc from America also had his PS4 die and said it was more than likely a PSU issue and when I returned the PS4 I asked the guy serving me if they had many PS4 returns and he said that yeah they had quite a few.

So I am curious as to just how widespread this issue is and was wondering if the few tempers that own PS4's have had any similar issues with their consoles dying. Could this be a new RROD? The main things I am curious about are"

- Have you ever had your PS4 randomly switch off on you at any point? Regardless if it has failed completely or not.

- Has your PS4 ever booted into safemode at any point?

- Does your PS4 make noticeably loud whirring and clicking noises?

- Has your PS4 completely failed on you requiring a new unit?

- Is your PS4 from around its launch date if you have had any of these issues?

This thread is just to satisfy my curiosity about how widespread these issues are and I think people would be genuinely interested in the replies we get here so please leave any fanboyism at the door because that type of stuff will be deleted, thanks.[/quote]

My Response:
I hope I won't be heading the above route since mines was knocked down by my little nephew because

it never: switched off, booted to safe mode, made loud noise, failed on me, and was not a launch shipment.

What could my PS4 possibly face due to falling from a 2 foot surface directly on my HDMI plug while connected in its port to the point of the plug bending even though there were no visible signs or the game coming off that was playing in it does any one know?

PS. Hopefully your curiosity was satisfied, but I would greatly appreciate an answer from you P1ngpong or someone with knowledge in this area, thank you.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's impossible for me to be more annoyed right now.

This PS4 that I currently own is the 3rd PS4 ive owned ever. Before I owned a white destiny PS4 that died a month in, I shipped it back to Sony, they, "replaced it," and sent me a new one that was probably just my old one because it gave me the exact same error.

Returned it to Best Buy and gave up on it. Fast Forward to beginning of May, and I finally got a new PS4, which has lasted me up into 3 Days ago, when it suddenly decided to White Screen. Calling Sony, turns out the HDMI in the system probably fucking died. So I've just rinsed through my third PS4 console.

At this point I feel like Sony is telling me to stop trying anymore, but fuck it, im sending this one in now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-