Hacking the data was not copied

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My memory got full so i copied all my wiiware to the sd card and now whwn i want to play one i get the massage the data cannot be copied

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Instead of bumping your topic after only 20 minutes why not add more information.

I myself find it hard to offer advise because I don't really know anything from your 2 posts.

Are you on 3.2, 4.0 etc.

What exactly did you do?

IF you copied the games to SD, then used Wadmanager/ wad uninstaller etc to remove them, then it wont work because they have no ticket stored on the Wii. If your on 4.0 and you never trucha patched your IOS and the wads your using have been trucha signed it won't work either.

I could guess at many other possibilities most people won't, they will ignore this thread unless you re-edit your first 2 posts to include more info. Also consider changing your 2nd post to say something like... sorry dbl post (etc)

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BE CAREFUL WITH THIS. This is how I bricked my Wii.

I can at least tell you what NOT to do :/
I had two games that would not copy to the SD card- one which was installed via WAD Manager, and one that was a legal download through Nintendo. When I got fed up, I tried to Erase the WAD-installed one in Nintendo's data management, and it froze up during the deletion. I had to pull the plug.

After it booted back up, the wii would freeze if I went into data management. So I fired up WAD Manager and tried to delete it there. It deleted the title, then froze while deleting content. Again, I had to force power off.

I went back into WAD Manager, and tried to reinstall it. It locked again while installing content, and I had to force power off- and my Wii wouldn't boot afterwards.

The best thing to do is to probably back up, downgrade to 3.2, Format, and rehack. But if you find a fix, I'd love to know.

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im on 3.2u i installed all wads using wad installer and copied em to the sd using data managment and when i try to copie them back i get the message the data cannot be copied

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh woah, you're on 3.2? I encountered this on 4.0.

Good to know that it wasn't the fault of me screwing with the 4.0 update then.

Format is my recommendation, but don't do it until some other people throw their say in as I'm still a newbie here.

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i cant find it
frown.gif

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry still cant find it is it a wad file cuz my wifi is gonna be down for the next few weeks and i cant use anything dat needs wi fi

Posts merged

is there any other way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...