The Conduit 2 first looks

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Apr 16, 2010.

Apr 16, 2010
  1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Screenies:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Source

*Awaits hate train*

Whatever you guys say, I still thought the first game was fun, and this is looking to be just as.

2. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Woah, so shiny... [​IMG]

Offtopic: 1337 POST COUNT [​IMG]

3. davidsl_128

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    Well the first was pretty nice, but the story wasn't that good... the ending was one of the worst Ive seen xD unless a sequel was meant from the beginning; but the game itself was fun. Hopefully the second makes a decent storyline.

4. Luckkill4u

Member Luckkill4u SOLDIER

Canada
    I thought the single player on the first one was fun but the multiplayer was complete fail. I wish I never bought the first and im definantly renting this one before buying it. The vortex blaster seems kinda neat and I like the smoke that comes after the bullets, but the graphics seem too out dated. I doubt this game will be as good as the other hardcore FPS's for PS3 and XBOX 360.

5. DarkShadow96

Member DarkShadow96 LA96£

Canada
    Hmm... Hope HVS keeps their promise with this one unlike the first one.*We'll have many different enemies and online will be the best experience on the Wii* and when the game came out, it was fun at first online then it got old fast and single player enemies was always the same. Would be great if they do well on this one anyway but I'm not that excited at the moment but if I would be, probably would be the team evasion thing that sounds interesting.

6. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Looks great! Thinking of The Conduit 2, makes me want to go load up my Wii and play single player and online again on the first Conduit. Might do that tomorrow actually. [​IMG]

7. alukadoo

Member alukadoo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Looks great.

8. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    the gripe i have about it is they bought the ASE back that thing was so annoying in con 1...

9. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Graphically it won't be as good as other FPS's on PS3 and 360, but I think they got pretty close with The Conduit.

I enjoyed The Conduit, but it had its flaws. I found the story to be really annoying, and the enemies weren't diverse enough. Still, it was a pretty good shooter, and with coop The Conduit 2 is going to be amazing!

10. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I really enjoyed the first one and I think over all it was a pretty good game and matched my expectations...

And with the addition of local 4-Player-Multiplayer this is IMO going to be great. Technically the first one was already really impressive for a third-party-product!

11. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Wow i just stared playing the first and im really impressed this is looking even better i cant wait [​IMG]

12. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Looks really generic...sadly.

Just finish The Grinder already.

13. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    I enjoyed the first one, but it had it's flaws as many have stated. Yes it was a bit lack luster but the overall design of the game, controls and the visual aspects were pretty impressive. I am hoping that the sequel is much improved in terms of the storyline, character development and the multiplayer aspects of the game. If they fix up the few things they fell short on with the first game, it will be a smash hit by reviewers. The Conduit didn't get a lot of press, didn't sell a lot of copies either but I think it's still the best FPS game straight up that the Wii has at the moment. The graphics engine looks to be very much proving that the Wii is capable of some very nice visuals and that you don't need an uber powerful machine to have good graphics, just investing time and effort could pay off in huge dividends for High Voltage Software and Sega if they don't screw it up.

14. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    think the shine is to make it more beautiful bcz adding more quality graphics will cause lag or similar
    it looks like it wont be a problem over the first release... most probably will be quite famous on its release

15. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    i loved the first one, so cant wait for this

16. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
    This game sounds pretty good and definitely an improvement from it's predecessor, I'm definitely looking into it. BTW your links broken, you put the link in wrong.

Don't know if you knew but the grinder is no longer a wii exclusive...... or a first person shooter, they completely changed it, some people made a petition buut i don't have the link. I was really pissed of at HVS for doing that hopefullt the conduit 2 will make up for it.

17. iamthemilkman

Member iamthemilkman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I also really enjoyed The Conduit and all of its conspiracy theory stuff. I felt it was a very solid shooter and looked quite good on the Wii.

Sure, a lot of the game lacked a certain amount of creative imagination, but still, it was worth the playthrough.

18. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Correction: The Grinder (FPS) is a Wii exclusive, while The Grinder (top-down shooter) isn't. The Grinder (top-down shooter) is only available on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.