OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Chinese Creating First Warp Drive?

emdrive_2.jpg

More formally known as the "electromagnetic drive," or "emdrive" for short, this steampunk-looking device converts electrical energy into thrust via microwaves, in a way that some physicists believe is impossible. But the Chinese claim they're building a prototype right now.

British scientist Roger Shayer caused a stir when New Scientist highlighted his claims that an em drive could violate strict Newtonian physics, thanks to an effect of Einsteinian relativity. The drive works by filling a "tapering resonant cavity" with microwaves. Critics have dismissed Shayer's idea as another perpetual motion machine, and the British government cut off his funding. But his assocation with China's Northwestern Polytechnical University in Xi'an paid off, and the NPU team has been able to confirm Shayer's work independently. They also claim they're building a a thruster based on Shayer's theories.

Link.

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
You knows... maybe the warp core explosion will be able to close the black holes from the hadron collider... Perhaps they are thinking ahead.

still waiting for everyone to stop laughing....

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, I agree. I think they are just looking to brew their tea faster.... What were we worried about?

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
laminaatplaat said:
Black holes and Warp drives, will 2008 become the next step in the earths tech tree?QUOTE(Ace Gunman @ Sep 26 2008, 01:19 AM) Who's worried? As long as they don't warp jump while in the atmosphere of Earth it's all good.
tongue.gif
I'll be worried if they try warping into my black hole.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Orc said:
laminaatplaat said:
Black holes and Warp drives, will 2008 become the next step in the earths tech tree?QUOTE(Ace Gunman @ Sep 26 2008, 01:19 AM) Who's worried? As long as they don't warp jump while in the atmosphere of Earth it's all good.
tongue.gif
I'll be worried if they try warping into my black hole.
Pssh, you totally want it from the Chinese.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4