"The Chase" platformer for DS from Atari!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Nov 14, 2008.

Nov 14, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan

"Earlier this week, Atari unveiled their supremely bizarre The Chase: Felix Meets Felicity, a very cute romantic comedy platform action game. Now we can see it in motion, thanks to the debut trailer, which shows a fairly frenetic combination of traditional run-and-jump gameplay (which recalls early Sonic more than anything else), Kirby: Canvas Curse-style path scribbling, and even stretchy grappling hooks like the one found in Umihara Kawase.

All of this maneuvering is performed by two characters rushing to meet on time and avoid a giant storm that appears as a constantly-pushing wall of water. A grappling-based platformer with an off-kilter premise? Atari is doing their best to court the elusive "people writing this post" segment of the market."

Source

2. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Creative use of the touch screen.. and using a love story! They're obviously trying to appeal to girls there.. looks like something very unique.

3. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Ignoring the girly storyline, I think it seems like a pretty fun and quirky platformer.

4. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    So, basically Yoshi Touch & Go meets Kirby Canvas Curse? Looks cool, but it's Atari. I'll not put much stock in it.

5. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    My thoughts exactly, I hope it turns out to be a decent. Atari used to release great games, last game that I can remember they did a good job on was Test Drive Unlimited but that was kinda buggy for the PC version (never played the 360 version.)

6. pilotwangs

Member pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Looks kinda nice,though I'm not too fussed on the graphics.