Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
more adventures in up-trading~

sold the juju for 5 keys (4 keys + 1 key in item value)

sold the skull for 4 keys

traded 5 keys + strange stickybomb launcher (3 keys in value at the time) for a strange festive stickybomb launcher (9-10 keys) (valve just re-released the strange stickybomb so the value on it is crashing, glad I cashed out on it before it happened)

then I saw a quicksell on the steam forums for the strange mantreads for 1 key + 1 ref, jumped right on it and put it down on outpost
mostly got a few 3 key offers then got a clean all-father offer (4-5 keys) so traded it for that

had 2 nametags drop on each of my 2 accounts, sold 1 for a craft hat (1.33) and the other for 1.66 ref

last night a noh mercy droped on my main so gonna see what I can get for that

bought a bulk of stranges off an unusual server for 1 key (value was over 3 keys) from a guy just unboxing trying to get an unusual
so selling those off piece by piece

was playing in a server, going was spamming in chat looking for vintage weapons so I hit him up
I put down 5 v. weapons I was selling, and he put down a key saying this was all he had, so I hit trade
so basically traded 1.11 ref for 2.55 ref http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542927164195061450/0FC05DC2D7688C48C2BF789CEB1069320DD0B70E/

I spend more time trading then actually playing... :ninja:

Reactions: 1 person

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
more adventures in up-trading~

sold the juju for 5 keys (4 keys + 1 key in item value)

sold the skull for 4 keys

traded 5 keys + strange stickybomb launcher (3 keys in value at the time) for a strange festive stickybomb launcher (9-10 keys) (valve just re-released the strange stickybomb so the value on it is crashing, glad I cashed out on it before it happened)

then I saw a quicksell on the steam forums for the strange mantreads for 1 key + 1 ref, jumped right on it and put it down on outpost
mostly got a few 3 key offers then got a clean all-father offer (4-5 keys) so traded it for that

had 2 nametags drop on each of my 2 accounts, sold 1 for a craft hat (1.33) and the other for 1.66 ref

last night a noh mercy droped on my main so gonna see what I can get for that

bought a bulk of stranges off an unusual server for 1 key (value was over 3 keys) from a guy just unboxing trying to get an unusual
so selling those off piece by piece

was playing in a server, going was spamming in chat looking for vintage weapons so I hit him up
I put down 5 v. weapons I was selling, and he put down a key saying this was all he had, so I hit trade
so basically traded 1.11 ref for 2.55 ref http://cloud.steampo...1069320DD0B70E/

I spend more time trading then actually playing... :ninja:
How and where do you find these people? I play TF2 a lot too, mainly on normal servers, and I'm on TF2 Outpost too (VERY active there), but no way I find these kind of deals.

I spend about equel time atm, it's pretty fun. I want to make some great profitz too though :(

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I hope they were all low tier stranges (1 rec or less) unpainted bills go for 8 keys
It was a painted one :) About 40 of them I bought for 1 scrap each (backscratcher + KGB). There were some others, more valuable in the deal, but I calculcated it and I made at least 2 REF pure profit :)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay I just got scammed for about 110 REF worth of shit.....
I got the conversation and the 2 profiles involved.... Is there anything I can do to get my stuff back or to at least fuck these guys?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
contact steam support with all information you can provide, screenshots, ect...
they will most likely restore all your items and give a perm trading ban to the other 2 guy and delete their backpacks (assuming they didnt sell/trade it all away already) if you provide enough convincing evidence

how were you scammed?
you can check if they were known scammers here http://steamrep.com/

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay I just got scammed for about 110 REF worth of shit.....
I got the conversation and the 2 profiles involved.... Is there anything I can do to get my stuff back or to at least fuck these guys?
Contact Steam support and hope for the best is all I can think of at the moment.
contact steam support with all information you can provide, screenshots, ect...
they will most likely restore all your items and give a perm trading ban to the other 2 guy and delete their backpacks (assuming they didnt sell/trade it all away already) if you provide enough convincing evidence

how were you scammed?
you can check if they were known scammers here http://steamrep.com/
Thanks.... I've made a ticket, would be super awesome if I actually get some of my items back.... My BP was worth 109 dollars according to TF2 BP Explorer before, now it's 40 dollars :(

I got scammed by:

http://steamcommunit...m/id/jaiIbait38
This person was acting as the middleman, and obviously was made to look like the real one,
http://steamcommunit.../id/Jailbait38/

Can you spot the difference?

And this person was the one who contacted me:
http://steamcommunit...61198046023064/

I checked them both on Steamrep, but I must have fucked up with the middleman, they kept pushing me too, such a stupid move on my side. Just my own goddamn fault, so depressing

D

Deleted_171835

Thanks.... I've made a ticket, would be super awesome if I actually get some of my items back.... My BP was worth 109 dollars according to TF2 BP Explorer before, now it's 40 dollars :(
I just checked my backpack with this BP analyser and apparently it's worth 96.83€ ($124). Does that actually mean I can sell my BP for about $100? I'm not planning to play TF2 any more and I'm wondering if I can make any profit off this bag (even if it's for trading for a Steam game).

And sorry to hear that you got scammed. :/

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
I just checked my backpack with this BP analyser and apparently it's worth 96.83€ ($124). Does that actually mean I can sell my BP for about $100? I'm not planning to play TF2 any more and I'm wondering if I can make any profit off this bag (even if it's for trading for a Steam game).

Unfortunatly no. The website prices items by their store prices. not how much people actually value items in the market.
the most valuable thing in your backpack is the Manniversary package, which is only 2 refined metal at most.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

According to Backpack.tf it's only worth 10 USD?
They pay big money mostly for 1 item deals, like Unusuals or items worth a lot of keys. Yours isn't worth that much, sorry. I'd be willing to give 2 euros for it though, if you're up for it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it converts all the items to refined value then converts that to $ using 1 ref = 0.55 USD
its a bit of a rough estimate sometimes

TheDreamLord

OP
Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
I have a strange degreaser, I want to buy a strange rocket launcher, I bought it for like 2 rec back in the day, and now just today I found out it's worth about 2 keys! I've wanted the strange rocket launcher for so long though, should I craft my way up to the amount of ref needed and trade, or sell the s degreaser? I love this s degreaser but I so badly want an s rocket launcher too.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a strange degreaser, I want to buy a strange rocket launcher, I bought it for like 2 rec back in the day, and now just today I found out it's worth about 2 keys! I've wanted the strange rocket launcher for so long though, should I craft my way up to the amount of ref needed and trade, or sell the s degreaser? I love this s degreaser but I so badly want an s rocket launcher too.
Strange Rocket Launchers is one of the things that has really dropped in price for the past week or so, you can get it for about 1 key with some luck now. So I say trade/craft your way up to the 1 key part and then it'll work out.
If you put in some effort I can see you getting it as soon as tomorrow actually, it isn't that hard.

TheDreamLord

OP
Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Strange Rocket Launchers is one of the things that has really dropped in price for the past week or so, you can get it for about 1 key with some luck now. So I say trade/craft your way up to the 1 key part and then it'll work out.
If you put in some effort I can see you getting it as soon as tomorrow actually, it isn't that hard.
How exactly could I go by this? This is my bp:
http://backpack.tf/id/thedreamlord

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well the easy way would be to just log in on TF2Outpost , make a new trade (with the + sign) and put in Resurrection pen for 2.33 REF, or maybe a key. Then with the metal you already have, you should have about 1 key or more in change, and with that change you go searching on that same site for the Rocket Launcher.
The more you search, the faster it'll go.

TheDreamLord

OP
Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Well the easy way would be to just log in on TF2Outpost , make a new trade (with the + sign) and put in Resurrection pen for 2.33 REF, or maybe a key. Then with the metal you already have, you should have about 1 key or more in change, and with that change you go searching on that same site for the Rocket Launcher.
The more you search, the faster it'll go.
Alright, thank you very much, now I can have both :D I got that pin for free, as on tf2wh they messed up and I was forgotten about for a month, so I got 20k free credits. Bought that, knowing I'd need it some day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end