The best features for a Slot-1 Solution

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Raupi, Nov 4, 2008.

?

Who would you choose? (multiple accepted)

1. EZ-Flash V Plus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. SuperCard DS One v3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. iTouchDS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. N5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. EDGE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Acekard 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. M3 DS Real

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. DS TopToy (DSTT)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Acekard R.P.G.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. CycloDS Evolution

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. G6DS Real

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. DS Linker 16Gbit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Ultra Flashpass EX 8Gbit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. M3 DS Simply

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Supercard DS ONE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. EZ-Flash V

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Ninja Pass X9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. R4 DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Acekard (V1)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. DS-Xtreme

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. DSLink

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. NinjaDS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Nov 4, 2008
  1. Raupi
    OP

Newcomer Raupi Member

Brazil
    Hmm.... i was looking for a "Perfect" Flash cart, but it's very hard to find one that attend all my specifications, so i decided to build up a list of nice features & desirables for a slot-1 card for everyone to use..

NOTE: this isn't in any way a request for a opinion on a flashcart that i could buy [​IMG] if you want to give any opinions, please dont hesitate! [​IMG]
    the intention of this one is to get data to anyone to be sure out of what to buy, features and all other opinions. please see the note -dbnote- far below. please also don't request any opinion there or this thread would get clogged..

by the way... the poll list was made with the "flashcart review" order here at gbatemp.net

Attention! written with "desirable" is not needed, but is.. desirable [​IMG]

Features:
    -DLDI auto patch
    -Download Play(+nintendo wifi,+multiplayer,+single-cart multiplayer, desirable: ONLINE multiplayer(compatible with games that offer this option) )
    -Wii Connection
    -Customizable interface (skinning, DIY)(desirable:you can choose buttons positions, area, size, effect, color, behavior of menus, etc)
    -Touch-screen interface(desirable:advanced, not just point-and-click), buttons
    -Sdhc with up to 32GB support, desirable:any brand supported
    -Maximum ultra compatibility with slot 2 games.
    >>OBS for line above: With R4DS and Expansion pack from ez, i was able to communicate with the game "megaman star force" and compatible gba megaman games
    -Auto boot-up (instantly boots on ds turn-on, no need to click on ds button game)
    -Full compatibility with all roms (hacked/original/commercial/cracked), including ds-browser
    -Open i/o interface (i/o is open for public)
    -Full compatibility with homebrew
    -Nopass
    -Easy drag&drop, just drag and drop files(games/homebrew) from pc to microsd
    -FAT/FAT32 system
    -Full compatibility with slot 2 most famous solutions like expansion pack
    -Full compatibility with official slot-2 solutions like memory pack, rumble-pack, guitar control
    -Cheat support (db/txt list/Action Replay/xml/cht/dht)
    -Updateable firmware (desirable:also, dont have a small limit for firmware, such as 128KB)
    -Support ds sleep
    -Desirable: Built in multimedia&pda (text,image editor, viewer, music player, video player,world time, calendar, remember-me,memo,
    note,phonebook,calculator,.doc,.rtf )
    -Desirable:battery saving
    -Recovery for bad firmware update
    -Other languages support, easy translate-to-your-own-language
    -Auto save detect, save is on micro-sd, not onboard, don't need to boot-up to pass the -save to micro-sd (must be DIRECTLY)
    -Desirable:real time save (save anywhere you want)
    -Soft reset
    -Constant firmware updates and addons
    -Auto-trim (on/off feature too)
    -File manager (cut,copy,paste,delete)
    -Desirable:Thumbnail manager(possible to use a official image from the game, or set up an your own)
    -Remember last system status, like last game played, last folder opened
    -Brightness control (also, don't disable ds screen if using the fat, when you click on the brightness control)
    -Easy non-spring micro-sd slot
    -Original size
    -Supported on any version of DS (Fat DS,DSL,IDS,IDSL)
    -No game lag/latency

optional but desirable:

-microsdhc reader included

-software for use the system

please remember me if i forgot something [​IMG] [​IMG]

-dbnote-
    hmm... i'm building a list with all those carts, and all these features [​IMG] .. I've saw one here around, but it lacks somethings.. if there is a way to use php and mysql here( needed for a sorting and a "select your desired features" ) i'll add it up there, or else i'll upload it to my test server..

what would you recommend? also, please vote on the poll!

I think that i misspelled something up there, but i don't know what [​IMG] sorry, i didn't had any advanced english school class, mostly english was with gaming experience.. also, this is my first post.. [​IMG]

edit: opz [​IMG] nullfied my own vote [​IMG] i meant that [​IMG]

2. double_vision

Member double_vision GBAtemp Regular

United States
    this is awesome! it would be awesome if the flashcart makers actually did this... most of these features are on the cyclods and edge

3. Raupi
    OP

Newcomer Raupi Member

Brazil
    Sorry taking too long to reply!

So.. really, it would be really awesome.. and [​IMG] i was going to mention it ^^ thanks!

about my comparison list:
    My Host screwed my site, so i've lost i entirely.. now i've learned to have backup of everything..

EDIT: i'll need to redo the entire list again, so this could take up a month or two... i'll post a new one at there or at news, i have no idea [​IMG]