The bank I've been doing business with stole money from me recently and now I'm closing my account

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant keep putting my savings in a shoe box since I need an account for my direct deposits to go into every week for my job

I would like a bank with these features

1. Decent or above customer service
2. An easy to use webpage for me to set up my bills and check my monthly statements
3. IOS support so I can check my account balance and statements on the go.

Bonus:
I would also like to have a debit card with a customizable picture on the front of it. They wouldnt allow me to put my favorite anime (Naruto crap) on it because its copyright or some bullshit. Why cant I have whatever I want on it for my own personal use?

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Consider using Bitcoin (or other crypto-currencies). I am essentially proposing you to be your own bank.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Consider using Bitcoin (or other crypto-currencies). I am essentially proposing you to be your own bank.
Or he could completely avoid unstable crypto currencies and not play an investment game with currency he can't fulfill any of his needs with.

Your suggestion gets a 0/10.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Keep most of the money hidden in your house and leave a decent amount that you'll use in your bank account so it works both ways.

iOS support? You sure you want to insert delicate info to an iPhone?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please. Millions of people use online banking every day and if it weren't reliable I'd think we'd hear a lot more people talking about it.
If the world revolved around you and your perfect world let me know. Otherwise you can kindly shut it.

Still looking for a serious suggestion on a bank.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I use Barclays and can tell you that I've not ever had an issue with them, plus they offer KIS for free yearly but this is in UK so it might differ in US. Lloyds Bank (Halifax/Lloyds Bank in UK) is pretty good too no probs either.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, did I do something wrong here? I was responding to someone else's post. I wasn't beginning to suggest online banking for your solution, I was just talking about its popularity.
Then I apologize. I thought you were being antagonistic to my situation.

They didnt even have the decency to reimburse me for the amount stolen from me. I just want to find another bank and move on with life.

Reactions: endoverend

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I'd say use a local accredited bank like I do as its easier since thier are less people and many (like the local bank I'm a member of ) have online banking.

Also it's funny though as my mom and dad both work/ed at banks

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Personally I'd say use a local accredited bank like I do as its easier since thier are less people and many (like the local bank I'm a member of ) have online banking.

Also it's funny though as my mom and dad both work/ed at banks
I personally use a full online Bank (DKB) that doesn't even have local offices and it works quite good for me, I haven't had any problem up to now.
Anyway I can't recommend it because it is available only in Germany and it wouldn't be of use to the OP.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally use a full online Bank (DKB) that doesn't even have local offices and it works quite good for me, I haven't had any problem up to now.
Anyway I can't recommend it because it is available only in Germany and it wouldn't be of use to the OP.
Agreed.
Like my mom worked at regions and it is very good but I'm not sure if it is OK for OP as its mainly in the south

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Then I apologize. I thought you were being antagonistic to my situation.

They didnt even have the decency to reimburse me for the amount stolen from me. I just want to find another bank and move on with life.

Have you tried Citizens Advice Bureau to try and get your money back one way or the other legally?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really doubt posting the banks name on gbatemp is going to tarnish it's reputation, and why woild you even care if they stole money from you?

In any event there is, citibank, chase, wells fargo, capital one, hsbc, bank of america, santander

loco365

Trophies
XP
I find TD a nice bank to work with, the only money they take from me are my monthly account fees if I've acquired any in the month. Their rates aren't terrible either, which is really nice. I pay something like $16/month and have unlimited transactions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: