• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,292
  • Replies 8
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Is it just for PS4 and selected games? No PS1, PS2 or PS3 games as BC?

If it's just selected PS4 games then that's kinda disappointing.

Reactions: TomRiddle

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, it's just ps4. I think sony said it was limited bc on ps4 as well, like it was only the top 100 games or so at launch. and, what I think may be worse is that it may be only digital versions of games like with the vita.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
afaik, it's just ps4. I think sony said it was limited bc on ps4 as well, like it was only the top 100 games or so at launch. and, what I think may be worse is that it may be only digital versions of games like with the vita.
Nope sony have said over 4000 PS4 games will work and discs can be used as well.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...rates_and_higher_resolutions_on_playstation_5

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/p...ility-can-you-play-ps4-games-on-playstation-5

sushix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Is it just for PS4 and selected games? No PS1, PS2 or PS3 games as BC?

If it's just selected PS4 games then that's kinda disappointing.
true and you would think that with the tech they have it would be soo easy even if physical cds only

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is this a new device?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, if you read between the lines, they said top 100 "at launch" which suggests it's a work in progress. @KiiWii yesterday tweeted that it's been confirmed that you must keep your system up to date to use ps4 bc or at least when it comes to adding new games.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well, if you read between the lines, they said top 100 "at launch" which suggests it's a work in progress. @KiiWii yesterday tweeted that it's been confirmed that you must keep your system up to date to use ps4 bc or at least when it comes to adding new games.
I’m also adding PS5 compatibility to FRMCHK.
Currently it’s simpler to add the inverse lol.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't find the specific link/rumor about top 100 at launch, but there are multiple articles referring to it, so sony must've said it originally, then changed their tune when xbox said four generations bc. I mean are there even 4,000 titles for the ps4? they were probably counting regions as being separate titles. it's all about semantics. sony may say it's going to be bc for the majority of titles, which may be true, but they don't mention "at launch" afaik, so it's deliberately misleading.

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well it's been a year later and the lack of PS1-PS3 games are very disappointing.

I get that the PS3 had a complicated architecture but fans have made 65% of the games playable via RPCS3 so really there should be no excuse on Sony's part especially with them knowing the architecture and the way thing ran best.

As for PS1-PS2 gaming there is even less of an excuse as both of those systems are really easy to emulate by today's standards, you do not need demanding hardware from both of those systems.

Yes PSNOW exists but it's a pathetic attempt at getting the games to be on modern systems, let alone a subscription service where you have to stream the games in a lot of cases!

For instance, you might get away by streaming something like Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga but will struggle to run something like RDR1 smoothly.

I really do wish that Sony would invest more effort but they are a multi billion dollar corporation, so unfortunately it's not the lack materials and support but the absence of will

Reactions: MUDD_BR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...