Homebrew The All New 3DSThemes.com Huge Site Update! ツ

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I doubt you can "find the perpetrator" in 5 minutes. I'm assuming @GotKrypto67 is considering legal action; locating someone isn't that easy. You'd probably need to notify the police, who may start a criminal procedure, from which you may then learn the identity of the perpetrator and only then you can sue for damages.
I meant to fix the security hole xd

D

Deleted User

I doubt you can "find the perpetrator" in 5 minutes. I'm assuming @GotKrypto67 is considering legal action; locating someone isn't that easy. You'd probably need to notify the police, who may start a criminal procedure, from which you may then learn the identity of the perpetrator and only then you can sue for damages.
This is what I'm currently considering. Although our site works in a grey area, so it may not work as well as some random site. Hopefully we can get this issue all solved, and be back up and running ASAP for you all.

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
I leave the place of site ownership for not even a week as I get my computer fixed, this happens!! I'm so full of emotions, I'm upset that the hack was so easy to produce but I'm also confused why someone would directly wipe the data of our users? Why would someone do this? Please if you have any questions I'm here to help, also if anyone with advanced programming experience would like to help with the issue PLEASE reply or message me! (also the server bills are up and we have about 8$ total donations...)

xFade, we are coming for you.

Last edited by DoJo_Master,

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I leave the place of site ownership for not even a week as I get my computer fixed, this happens!! I'm so full of emotions, I'm upset that the hack was so easy to produce but I'm also confused why someone would directly wipe the data of our users? Why would someone do this? Please if you have any questions I'm here to help, also if anyone with advanced programming experience would like to help with the issue PLEASE reply or message me! (also the server bills are up and we have about 8$ total donations...)

who is xFade, i would be glad to help

DoJo_Master

OP
Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Dear Devon,

3DSThemes has been hacked – SQL Injection + PhpMyAdmin being blown out = dropped dbs.

You shouldn’t have had User ‘default’ and pass ‘r123’ or even use root for MySQL. You should’ve made it so you can only control x database, and backup the database automatically...

Regards,

Poke

Last edited by DoJo_Master,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I got an email saying the following:

cleardot.gif

Dear Devon,

3DSThemes has been hacked – SQL Injection + PhpMyAdmin being blown out = dropped dbs.

You shouldn’t have had User ‘default’ and pass ‘r123’ or even use root for MySQL. You should’ve made it so you can only control x database, and backup the database automatically...

Regards,

Poke
That was me, I was telling you of what happened and @xfade59691 told me the user and pass, but by then your phpmyadmin was dead.
Also, can you please edit out my email?

BPSpike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

I'm sorry about the issues/problems and wish ya guys the best, but, I hope ya guys had at the very least some sort of regular backups. Otherwise that would be very poor planning on your side, guys.

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah database errors
  • TechieSaru tempBOT:
    TechieSaru has joined the room.
  • TechieSaru tempBOT:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, we have twins in the chat
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, GBAtemp is working on the site again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pms are still acting up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pm ing uremum still works, she said key under the mat, and half off til midnight
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks like your pmsing is working
    +1
  • TechieSaru tempBOT:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, triplets
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chats like the only thing working lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And uremum
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's good to hear I'll have a better inheritance now
    +2
  • xdarkmario @ xdarkmario:
    main page is saying An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later. maintenance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn Ken, the camp director is the werewolf, my mind is blown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He transitioned
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @xdarkmario, sorry about that bigonya shat himself and made the servers die
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I wouldn't go in there for bout 15-20 minutes. I did light a candle atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's what blew them up
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Radioactive Florida Man!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Florida man is just active he thinks radios are cases for his meth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Most, if not, all of TekkitRealm's videos are fake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your message is fake
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your message is fake