The 51st State

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard they get a lot of money from the US government, but that would change should they become a new state.

From what I understand, the amount of money they actually receive now isn't all that much, and the US could pull it at any minute. If it were to become a state, it would receive more aid and federal assistance.

On topic, I'm all for this. If the Puerto Rican people would like to officially join the Union, then I'm all for it. There will be difficulties overcoming the poverty and corruption in the region, but on the bright side, there's a whole lot of potential for development and improvement.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't even make sense.
When we had 13 states do you think they said.Well 13 is a lot how about we stop.No MANIFEST DESTINY BIATCH.
Make Puerto Rico a state now so we can have this...
VDzUah.png

No really both parties agree it should be a state.
At this point if their agreeing on something then we should all be happy and accept it.

WHY WONT THE AWESOME FLAG SHOW
The first design is better but since it isn't working here's another star pattern.
http://imgur.com/5y5tL
http://i.imgur.com/VDzUah.png
VDzUah.png
VDzUah.png

its-full-of-stars.jpg

My god! It's full of stars!

I don't see any problem with Puerto Rico joining the USA. What would be so bad if they did?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you guys especially USA tempers feel about adding a new state ?

I feel that if they pay taxes (which they do), they should have a voice in the electoral process. That being said, our electoral process is broken beyond repair, so it's kind of a moot issue in that regard. They will, however, be entitled to self-govern in the same way other U.S. states do; whether or not that would be a good or bad thing, who's to say...

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay guys you made me think and after all having isn't really that bad
Oh well thank god, I was worried they wouldn't be able to get your permission.

how do you even know about Idaho and you live Croatia
There are these things called maps that contain the names and locations of states in America, and believe it or not their contents aren't secret to everyone out of the US.

...Alright, I'm going to quit being a dick now.

EbraamMorcos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well thank god, I was worried they wouldn't be able to get your permission.

There are these things called maps that contain the names and locations of states in America, and believe it or not their contents aren't secret to everyone out of the US.

...Alright, I'm going to quit being a dick now.
Ok for the first post i said that because i wasn't convinced in the beginning
i think its too much
50 is enough
and for the second post i know America is fancy and all but if i was born in a different country i wouldn't be that interested

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at the past few flags prior to the current design, you'll see they haven't really changed at all in general design. So I wouldn't get your hopes up for some radical change.

I expect PR will eventually be a state, but not anytime soon. That would require congress to actually agree on something.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all for Puerto Rico becoming our 51st state. There are probably more Puerto Ricans already living in actual 50 states than there are in Puerto Rico anyway.

EbraamMorcos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all for Puerto Rico becoming our 51st state. There are probably more Puerto Ricans already living in actual 50 states than there are in Puerto Rico anyway.
that is actually true according to this
http://www.census.gov/hhes/socdemo/education/data/acs/paa2010/Collazo_Ryan_Bauman_PAA2010_Paper.pdf
the first sentence in the first paragraph says "The Puerto Rican population in the United States reached 4.2 million according to the 2008
American Community Survey, surpassing the 3.8 million in Puerto Rico."

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok for the first post i said that because i wasn't convinced in the beginning

and for the second post i know America is fancy and all but if i was born in a different country i wouldn't be that interested

Just because you wouldn't be that interested doesn't mean he isn't.
If you look at the past few flags prior to the current design, you'll see they haven't really changed at all in general design. So I wouldn't get your hopes up for some radical change.

I expect PR will eventually be a state, but not anytime soon. That would require congress to actually agree on something.
They already do so your point is invalid.
WHY WON'T THEY MAKE THE FLAG COOLER?!?!??!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...