TGS 08: Level-5

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Mei-o, Oct 10, 2008.

Oct 10, 2008

TGS 08: Level-5 by Mei-o at 9:05 AM (1,136 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Mei-o
    OP

Member Mei-o Generic Asian Kidâ„¢

Japan
    TGS 08: Level-5 video roundup

Because of the first vid I think I now want a PSP, though it sucks that it's a turn-based RPG.

Ninokuni looks very interesting, looking forward to it!

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    In DSFanboy, they said that every single game cart of "The Another World" will have a different spellbook and different spells in it! I thought that sounded pretty awesome.

3. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    if that is really true... it'd be like the most awesomest copy protection ever !

4. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    "Know what else is cool? The game is going to come with a custom spellbook specific to that copy of the game. What's inside? Spells, of course (among other things, such as a bestiary)! "

Source

5. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    But that means we'll all have the same spells (assuming there's only one dump) :'(.
    Suckingness.

6. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    The trailer.. just left me in awe. You sure this is for the DS..? It looks amazing.

And about the different spell books for specified cartridges. There's only so many they can provide.. It'd probably end up in being around like.. 20 different combination in the end (just a wild guess). But the point is, all the books can easily be scanned and you can find the right one for yours. But there'll be just that many amount of dumps of the game too..

Either way, if it lives up to what was just presented, I'm going to purchase it for sure. I really love the style.

Edit: lol I was stupid. I was looking at Ushiro. It's for the PSP, It looked too good to be on a DS. I'm definitely going to play that game.

7. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    maybe they do not even make different ROMs, but just generate one on save creation.

8. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Well, maybe it can be like how the WiFi Friend Codes are generated. You get your data, then your cart is matched to your specific system, and when you connect online, you can get your spells...?

Though the whole thing about not having the spellbook to use would be a big detractor.

Hey, we can't steal EVERY game we come across, you know?

9. cosmiccow

Member cosmiccow Original Hippie

Germany
    i don't care about spells or copy protection. "Ni No Kuni" / "The Another World" looks so awesome i will definitely buy it when it comes out in english

10. twisteddeeds

Member twisteddeeds GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Just got an updated video for Ninokuni: The Another World for the DS (from this video)

its certainly a promising looking title, especially with studio ghibli and level 5 teaming up. this one could be one of the DS's best going by level 5's rpg skills, and ghiblis animation.

overall it looks awesome [​IMG]