Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.videogamelagoon.com
XP
Country
Canada
N1nt3nd0gam3r said:
is there a txting homebrew app where u can send & receive txt messages with ppl using cell phones?

i lol'ed @ this
smile.gif
and if u think about this logically..unless DS turns into a phone..this wont happen..

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know I think (now I'm just guessing here) it should be possible but way beyond my knowledge of how. I mean if its possible to send a text from the internet why not through some sort of ftp type connection with DS. Surely someone could figure something out.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Euhm.. "txt to a phone" is called sms ... browse to google and search some free SMS service.

Voila, there is your "app". To receive might be a little more problematic, though it should be possible.
Might as well just use a random IM though, most phones can get on the i-net easy.

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, no as of now, but your best bet is to look for some site that sends IMs/SMS for free using whatever browser you have that works. In the Philippines, we have such a site that offers the completely free SMS service; dunno about other countries. Hopefully there is
cool.gif

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blackiris said:
Well, no as of now, but your best bet is to look for some site that sends IMs/SMS for free using whatever browser you have that works. In the Philippines, we have such a site that offers the completely free SMS service; dunno about other countries. Hopefully there is
cool.gif

chikka? ;p lol

and no there isnt one for the ds, seeing as its gonna be problematic( i.e you always have to be near a wifi spot)

btw if you really need to text someone for free try aim or yahoo, both support texting other people in the US

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dont really see why this isnt possible. SVSiP works with VoIP Cheap, which sends free texts (in UK anyway), so surely could be expanded to add texting functionality through the chosen SIP provider, e.g. VoIP Cheap. I'm sure others would work as well, but i have used VoIP Cheap to send free texts from my computer before, and i have used it to make calls using SVSiP before, so surely, SVSiP just needs an update to allow texting as well, no?

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tell the other person to log into a IM, like MSN, AIM.
Then you can go online with the DSi and use m.ebuddy.com and there you are
tongue.gif

But texting from anywhere is not possible atm, and Nintendo doesn't want to
release something that will have a monthly bill.

If you have a DSi maybe skype will be available in the near future or not since its just a rumor.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/DSi/Nintend...ews.asp?c=12812

Kyoton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Texting can be cheap depending on how you do it. Prepaid phones (Like at 7-11) do the trick. Virgin Mobile if I remember right was much better for texting rather than the all powerful Tracphone. I would suggest you look into which is right for you.
biggrin.gif

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.