Text editor on the DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by stealthfire, Apr 22, 2009.

Apr 22, 2009

Text editor on the DS by stealthfire at 12:23 PM (1,244 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. stealthfire
    OP

Newcomer stealthfire Member

Singapore
    I'm looking for a text editor homebrew on the DS. it should be able to save text files. I'm using Acekard 2.1 with the AKAIO 1.3

First, I tried txtwriter. Unfortunately, it just wouldn't let me save, and I don't know how to fix this problem.
    I'm not willing to use DSorganise as I heard that it has lots of bugs and may crash your DS.

Is there any other text editor program for the DS? Especially one that would allow me to edit .txt files.

Currently, I have DSnotes, but it uses pictures instead, so it's not as easy to edit on the computer.

2. Findecanno

Member Findecanno GBAtemp Regular

United States
    First I would recommend upgrading to AKAIO 1.4. DS organize is the only one that I know and I don't know of any bugs on it unless your using a dsi which it doesn't work with. I used it all the time on my fat ds and it works fine

3. stealthfire
    OP

Newcomer stealthfire Member

Singapore
    I just upgraded to AKAIO 1.4.1.

Does the DS organise work on the DS lite?
    I've seen lots of posts saying that it may corrupt the SD card, so I'm not very willing to use it.

4. Blackiris

Member Blackiris GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    DSOrganize works perfectly on DS & DS Lite. I think it currently has problems running only on the DSi.

Actually, DSOrganize can corrupt cards that'll force you to backup files and reformat, but that's usually because they're using v3.2; very buggy.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1319

That's a link to the much more stable version of DSOrganize, v3.1129. Hope this helps.

5. OneMichael

Newcomer OneMichael Advanced Member

Canada
    Even then, I'll warn that DSO 3.1129 has an imperfect touch handler, so you'll randomly 'save' or 'cancel' as you're typing. The solution is to press firmly for every key you type.

The Homebrew scene is horribly lacking in text editors. I have no clue why.

6. anoNL

Newcomer anoNL Member

Netherlands
    DSLinux comes with vi

7. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    And Nano too. I'm not entirely satisfied with the word wrapping of either of them since I want to transfer to and from my Windows computer, but the DSLinux text editors work well enough for what I need to do.

8. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    I know none... But I will just have to say that DSOrganise isn't good. It doesn't corrupt your SD Card, but I don't really understand why when ever I use it, then try using MoonShell Beta 2 or M3Sakura they stop working. I just stopped using DSOrganise...