Gaming Testing a ban

hundshamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 360 that has a BenQ with IX 1.61. I have tested all my games with and played wave 4+ ripped with a Kreon drive that didn't verify on ABGX as the waves weren't recognized. I have not put it online since the hack so I'm not even sure that Xval 2.0 can detect if I'm banned because of whats in the NAND. Is there any way to test it? The reason being is I want to put IX LT for BenQ on it to play on Live. However if it is banned there is no point.

skydoune

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you can't request a repair because your console is already registered (bought it used), you can always enable write protection on the nand chip, though you gotta be pretty good with a soldering iron.

Fortunately, there's an easier spot to solder under the board instead of directly on the chip
sw47pw.jpg

You gotta ground that spot. Basically, if your soldering is right and ms bans you, you'll get the "you're banned mofo" message popping up but nothing changes after you restart your console. Just remember to disable that write protection for future offline updates or even changing some system settings.

hundshamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am interested in write protecting my Jtagged box however, is ther a way to reverse this in case of an update to XBReboot? Can software like Flash360 still work?

As far as checking the box with LT I removed all storage devices, and did a test for the Xbox Live connection. Press "Y" for status and if you see "Z: 8015-190D" then you are banned.

EDIT: One more question. Which motherboard is that as I have a Falcon?

skydoune

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dunno but did this to my falcon and it worked. You could always remove the wire to get this to the ground if you wanna update xbr or build a switch to turn write protection on and off.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
edit: way too late but I will leave it up.

There is next to no point in write protecting a JTAG board in my opinion- just keep a backup and be ready to restore it (if at all). To answer your other question NAND writing will be disabled though- it is a hardware level protection.
For the truly paranoid I guess you could disable the rt63 resistor and install an already banned keyvault and sideline the existing one.

As for reversing you are only grounding the pin- install a SPST switch (or pretty much anything other than a toggle switch) so you can enable stuff at will.

The other/main diagram: http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/xbox360/NWP_diagram/NWP.png I am not sure what skydoune's one is but I reckon it is common to all 360s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ