TempTalk 5: Gaming Piracy

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
My opinion on DRM:

I believe that game developers should be allowed to put as much DRM on their games as they like with one condition. Do not use large amounts of space for this. Steam seams to be a large disobeyed of this rule. I know it isn't steam themselves, or only DRM, but the games on steam can be far larger in data size than a DRM digital download from the Humble Bundles. I do not understand why frozen synapse is per 1 gb on steam where as the download from the Humble Bundle is around 300mb. I know that many people do not have any issue with space but I have a large issue with having enough space. It seems that however many hard drives I buy I never have enough space. I just hate late sized DRM.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I found TempTalk 4 pretty easily, it felt like the Tempmas search all over again :creep:

Mr. Cow (or Terminator02, dunno), you can basically see the IOS for Wii as a set of drivers. They function somewhat the same as drivers on a Windows PC.

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Mr. Cow (or Terminator02, dunno), you can basically see the IOS for Wii as a set of drivers. They function somewhat the same as drivers on a Windows PC.
Yeah you got the person right ;).

I honestly always thought of them sorta like different builds of an OS kernel. Linux, for example, lets you re-build the kernel with different drivers and features enabled, but depending on what you enable you get different sizes and speeds and everything else. Some kernels would be better for using certain types of applications and others would be better for... yeah you know what I'm getting at.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
By the way, on 8BC.org (where I think you guys get your music off, if I comprehend mr. Cow correctly), how can I quickly see the most downloaded/liked songs? I've been looking at it for a few minutes, but I can't seem to find a browse/rank button anywhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright