Temp'n #8

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    temp'n_bg_3.png
    It’s time to get back temp’n, the column where the projects of our fellow tempers are showcased.

banner.png

We’ll start off this issue with @mashers' first Temp’n entry. This temper right here develops apps as a hobby and would like to share his latest project, iTRAIN, with you all.

iTRAIN is a “comprehensive workout management for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch". Here's a short description from the App Store:

Below is a features list:
    • Fully customisable exercises with sets, supersets and dropsets
    • Workout routines
    • Personal trainers can share routines with clients directly from the app
    • Log weights, measurements and distances for workout routines on iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
    • Graphs to track progress
    • Built-in web browser and 2048 game so you don't get bored during your workout :)
    • iCloud syncing

:arrow: If you’d like to support your fellow temper, give the app a look and buy it right here!

• Vipin's Games Facebook page by @vpn
    13445394_1616177735362659_296298785634995478_n.png
    Remember newcomer @vpn ’s awesome indie game from last Temp’n? Well he has created a Facebook page to showcase games he has created and those that are in development and their artwork.

Spread the love by paying it a visit and hitting the like button, will ya! :)

:arrow: Spread the love here!

Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 21.00.33.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 21.02.13.png Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 21.03.03.png Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 21.03.56.png

Last but not least is @Shubshub 's, a.k.a Temp’n regular, entry. For this issue, he is sharing a retro pixel art shooter that he's been working on lately.

Your aim is to collect as many spare parts as possible as you defeat enemies wave after wave to strengthen your ship with armor and weapons.

The game currently features an upgrade system, spare parts, ascension (like in every idle game, except this isn't an idle game) with bonuses, waves, with much more promised to come.

:arrow: Give it a go here :)

About Temp'n

2. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    The Pixel Shooter looks great :P. Same as all the other things. I'm sure the iTrain App will help a lot of users out there! (Praise @mashers !)

Prans likes this.
  3. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    True true! Go tempers!

4. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    I was looking forward to the next Temp'n! In fact, I always do look forward to the next Temp'n!! :yay:
    Awesome stuff as usual!! Even though I am still working on my own project that's not finished yet... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Prans likes this.
  5. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    Ha! Thanks :) You know you can also share your unfinished work and if you want you can post updates about it in subsequent issues.

Voxel likes this.
  6. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    I suppose I could lend a piece of video footage or two; depends if I get the time. If I ever get round to it, I'll be sure to PM you! ^_^

Prans likes this.
  7. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    awesome!

Voxel likes this.
  8. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Prans and Seriel like this.
  9. Aether Lion

Aether Lion GBATemp's Pet Lion

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Penisylvania
    Love the iTrain concept, dude with majestic beard. I would love to see a companion smart watch app for it (*hint hint* Pebble *hint hint*), so then you don't have to be trying to look at your phone/tablet screen the whole time you are doing a set. :) Keep up the good work!

Awesome to see someone has made a Facebook page dedicated to their releases so we know where to look first. :) It also shows dedication!

The Pixel Shooter is looking pretty good for being 0.0.2! I'm a little confused how to get into the shop. And I'd suggest making difficulty modes because it was REALLY hard. Awesome job! Just continue building on it and it will be even more awesome! :)

Prans likes this.
  10. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    You are most welcome @mashers! Feel free to PM me if you want to share more of your projects :)

11. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    @Aether Lion
    Thanks for your feedback mate! :) Actually it does support Apple Watch and the Watch component is able to function independently of the phone app so you don't even have to take your phone in the gym with you :) Unfortunately I don't think iOS supports the pebble watch :(

@Prans
    I'm writing a science fiction novel right now so I'll let you know when that project is ready for the world :)

Prans likes this.
  12. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    Awesome! Looking forward to it! :)

13. Aether Lion

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Penisylvania
    *cough* #PebbleMasterRace *cough*

Yeah, Pebble works on both iOS and Android. :P I didn't realize your app isn't on Android, or at least not yet. :P

*cough* #iOShitRace #AndroidMasterRace *cough*

14. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Oh I didn't know pebble works on iOS. I'll look into it at some point. I've never programmed for Android so don't know anything about the APIs. It would have to be a total rewrite though.

Aether Lion likes this.
  15. Aether Lion

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Penisylvania
    Haha sweet :) Well I mean I don't use Apple but still fitness junkies use things like the Pebble Watch a lot so it'd be awesome for them! :D