rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NvJ1ZWo.png
After an eventful night, it seems that all is mostly quiet again. But we all know that things don't stay quiet forever in the hunger games!
hDLTPse.png

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
*trembling and looking everywhere*

I'm sure I saw something last night. But none of my then companions believed me.

It was not another participant. It was something else. It was an it. I don't know how to describe it, but it was like a big, really big, and kind of neat shaped? cat.

I'm going to catch that thing and show you all I'm not crazy.

Am I?

*hides away behind a tree and seemingly starts running towards a cave*

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*trembling and looking everywhere*

I'm sure I saw something last night. But none of my then companions believed me.

It was not another participant. It was something else. It was an it. I don't know how to describe it, but it was like a big, really big, and kind of neat shaped? cat.

I'm going to catch that thing and show you all I'm not crazy.

Am I?

*hides away behind a tree and seemingly starts running towards a cave*
Oh, it was probably bumble. He usually prefers human flesh, but if you throw a fish head out in the woods he'll leave you alone.

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, @H1B1Esquire, @Chary and @smileyhead, I'll tell you a story (that's not mine, I should say, I'm not a good teller), but I found it good for the situation at hand.

There it was again, that shadowy form on the side of the road. Maybe I was being a chicken, but I could never seem to muster up enough courage to pull over. I was sure it was a man. Even in the gloom, I could see the wide shoulders and bulky limbs. His arm was raised, I assume in an attempt to hail a ride.

This particular stretch of country road, framed on either side by memorial crosses, was eerie enough without the added specter. I wondered where he came from – there was nothing but forest for miles around. Every time I passed by, which was often, he was there.

I gazed into the rear-view mirror trying to catch another glimpse of him, and cursed as my tires met with the lip of the road. I laughed in relief as I managed to correct the vehicle. I could almost hear my dad berating, “you need to drive more carefully!”

I passed another cross, number four. There were six in total. Six lives that had been lost to the pavement and foliage.

Crosses five and six passed by, and I was relieved to be almost home.

The road curved and I tried to blink sudden lethargy away. I felt so heavy, so tired. More miles passed, and I went on autopilot. The dotted yellow line that passed by on my left was so hypnotizing.

One cross, then another, slipped past on the right. One. Two.

Hang on a moment, hadn’t I already passed those?

The road was rather redundant in its entirety, but those crosses made this portion of the highway rather unique. I looked to the left, and sure enough there was cross number three.

Confused, I slowed to a stop next to cross number four. I looked around, trying to process what was happening. I noticed then that my car lights were illuminating a spot of white buried in the dense foliage. It appeared to be another cross. Number seven.

I exited the car, and cautiously approached. Kneeling before the painted wood, I brushed away the vines which entangled it, and read the name printed there. It was my own.

In denial and fear, I ran back toward the haven of my car. Peeling away from the side of the road, my foot floored the gas pedal. I could hear my father again telling me, “I swear, one of these days you’ll end up dead in a ditch.”

The dew slicked road proved detrimental to my tires, and the vehicle skidded off the pavement. Small saplings snapped under the rolling car, but the more aged trees didn’t. With a sickening bang, I came to a stop.

A moment late, I found myself on my feet outside the remains of the metal shell. Dizzily, I made my way back to the edge of the road. I saw a pair of headlights approaching, and I lifted my hand to summon their help.

But they didn’t stop.

Reactions: Chary

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum