Hacking TempAR - Vita Version (Modified pointer searcher)

Yohoki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Presenting, TempAR - Vita Version
View attachment 165890

TempAR - Vita Edition is a Windows companion app for the popular cheat plugin, VitaCheat. The program has all the old functions of Riang3's original pointer searcher for PSP and NDS, but I've updated it to now support the PS Vita. It has 2 Major functions that I've added into the mix: a new, more powerful pointer searcher and a code generation tab!

Pointer Searcher Tab
Now with High Accuracy Mode!
For the Pointer Searcher Tab, you now have a much more powerful pointer searcher, which accepts up to 6 memory dumps, for those games that are just really stubborn. From my testing, I've lowered the searching from 8,888 possible pointers, in a small dump... To 3 highly likely pointers. You can imagine the amount of time you save by only having to test such a small number of pointers. The original TempAR pointer searcher still works the same, there's nothing stopping you from only using 2 memory dumps and each memory dump is optional past the first box.

VitaCheat Tab
Now generates all 6 basic codes!
The new VitaCheat tab is one of my favorite tabs. This tab's sole purpose is to help beginners learn to make VitaCheat codes. Tell it which type of code you need to make from a list: Write, MOV, Compress, Pointer, Pointer+MOV or Pointer+Compress. Once you've selected the code type, it will give you a few boxes to fill out with info you've gathered in VitaCheat. After filling everything out, your code will be generated, properly formatted and ready to be typed into VitaCheat

Credits, Info and Changes made to original TempAR by Riang3

I'd like to thank Riang3, original creator of TempAR and it's pointer searcher/code generator for giving me permission to release this new version.

This is the normal TempAR program, but with a few new features that puts the Vita at the center.

• Pointer Searcher now has a Sony Vita Mode, complete with Base Address and "Real Addresses" already set up. This is now the default mode when searching pointers.
  • AR code generation has been removed (for now) and a VitaCheat option has been added. The VitaCheat mode works with pointers of any level and even negatives. It's the default option.
  • Changed the "Value" box to now say "Desired Value". I thought this made it clearer for new users to understand.
All the standard features are still there. You can still use it for SonyPSP and NDS. The Other... option is still there for future consoles as well, but is no longer needed for Vita codes. I've also made the entire program open source, so that future changes can be made and this program can be modified again when new consoles come out. Or, if anyone decides they want to add another console to the mix.

Get the newest version at Here.
View the Source code Here.
Check out Raing3's Github

Edit:
As a side note, I have no prior coding experience beyond HTML. If anyone is good at C# and wants to help out, let me know. It took me about 12 hours to learn enough to understand the bit I needed, write new code, build'n'test and rinse wash repeat.... It'd be much easier if someone who actually knew what they were doing wanted to add a few more changes.

Edit2:
It currently says Do Not Distribute in the title. Don't worry, It's free to distribute. I've just not removed that yet. We've gotten permission to distribute it. The tag has been fixed as of v1.0

Last edited by Yohoki,

Yohoki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome. It's something I've been wanting for a while, and I just kinda did it..... Hopefully it helps newer or less experienced people get pointers easier by taking out a few steps from and already pretty complicated tutorial. You should probably also thank @Shakushi007 , because him asking how to do the pointers made me finally go and figure out how to edit it. ;P

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome. It's something I've been wanting for a while, and I just kinda did it..... Hopefully it helps newer or less experienced people get pointers easier by taking out a few steps from and already pretty complicated tutorial. You should probably also thank @Shakushi007 , because him asking how to do the pointers made me finally go and figure out how to edit it. ;P

Definitely! With this pointers will become way easier to find and figure out! i have a few dumps i had no luck with in the past, I'm going to relook at them now xD so thanks again and thanks to @Shakushi007 as well :D

Reactions: train108 and Yohoki

Yohoki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to Version 1.0
Changes:
  • Removed "Beat Version" tag from title. It's been shown to work and no longer needs this.
  • Removed "DO NOT DISTRIBUTE" from title. Raing3 has given permission to share it.
  • Fixed bittype persistence bug. Negative offsets no longer use $3200 for lines 2+ and instead check bittype and use the correct code type.
Find the new version on Github here.

Report issues either here on GBATemp or in the Github Issues page.

Know C#? Want something added to the program or just give a helping hand? Check out the Source Code. I have several things I want to add, but know 0 C#. It's an easy program to edit and tinker with and I'd love the help! (Like, seriously... you don't know how long it took me to figure out how to push this 1 update to github... I'm completely daft...)

Last edited by Yohoki,
Reactions: train108

Yohoki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor Update - Version 1.01
This version now fully replaces the old TempAR program. It's capable of doing exactly everything as before, but now also does Vita stuff. CWCheat and AR code generation are both working again for PSP users.

Changes:
  • Added the AR code generation back to TempAR... I mean, it *IS* called Temp*AR* after all.
  • Minor programming fixes. (commented out annoying debugging stuff and gave VitaCheat it's own stuff instead of borrowing AR)

Know C#? Want something added to the program or just give a helping hand? Check out the Source Code. I have several things I want to add, but know 0 C#. It's an easy program to edit and tinker with and I'd love the help! (Like, seriously... you don't know how long it took me to figure out how to push this 1 update to github... I'm completely daft...)

Yohoki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minute Update - Version 1.02

This version is build only, not available as a premade .exe file. This is mainly because most of the changes only affect the code, how it's displayed in Visual Studio's editor and added various comments to the code. The functions of the program didn't change, only some minor quality of life issues.

I'm also interested to know if anyone likes/hates the font type and size. Personally, I have trouble seeing if the font says 8/B and D/0. Would anyone prefer a different font family, such as a [url+https://97thfloor.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Serif-Sans-1-04.jpg]serif style font[/url]?

I've also got a list a features I want to add to TempAR, like automatically creating/modifying a .PSV or a new tab specifically for making all the other VitaCheat code types (Write, MOV, Conditional and Button Press, etc). You can check out the issues page of github to see the Todo List. If you have any experience with C#, I'd love a helping hand. If not, I'll do these updates when/if I can.

Changes:
  • Fixed issue with dotPeek's code that caused Designer tab to not display in Visual Studio.
  • Added various comments in Code to make editing easier.
  • Made "Pointer Search" tab the default, now displayed immediately on open.

Know C#? Want something added to the program or just give a helping hand? Check out the Source Code. I have several things I want to add, but know 0 C#. It's an easy program to edit and tinker with and I'd love the help! (Like, seriously... you don't know how long it took me to figure out how to push this 1 update to github... I'm completely daft...) Check out the Todo list for more details.

Last edited by Yohoki,

Yohoki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor Update - Version 1.03

Fixed the font issue by simply making the program bigger. The area where codes are generated is now underneath the options and the list of pointers now takes up the entire right side. I also increased the font size slightly in the pointer list to help in reading the text and eliminate typos.

Changes:
  • Window size increased.
  • Panels moved around to fill up space.
  • Font size increased in Pointer Tree area
  • This update marks off 1 issue from the todo list

Know C#? Want something added to the program or just give a helping hand? Check out the Source Code. I have several things I want to add, but know 0 C#. It's an easy program to edit and tinker with and I'd love the help! (Like, seriously... you don't know how long it took me to figure out how to push this 1 update to github... I'm completely daft...) Check out the Todo list for more details.

Last edited by Yohoki,

Yohoki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming soon.....
upload_2019-5-8_23-16-18.png

I'm working on a helper tool inside TempAR that will help in creating new codes. Here, I've selected the "Write ($0...)" option and it has given me the "Address 1" and "Desired Value" boxes to fill out and it has generated a "$0200" code based on the info I gave it.

It will support 3 basic code types and a pointer option for each of them:
Write $0200 -- Working!
Compress $4200 -- Working!
MOV $5200 -- Working!
Pointer Write $3200
Pointer Compress $7200
Pointer MOV $8200

The right side of the program is intentionally bare... I'll be adding an instructions area there that explains how each code type works and gives an example.

In addition, I'm planning to add 3 options to control how the code is activated: Always on, Conditional and Button Combo. These will add additional lines to control how the code is activated, whether it be pressing a combo like "L+Dpad UP" or checking if your HP is less than 50.

Lastly, I'm planning to add a $B200 option, to make the codes that are able to use it have that option.

Last edited by Yohoki,

Yohoki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Major Update v2.0
upload_2019-5-10_3-57-20.png

TempAR - VitaEdition is now in version 2.0! With it, it is becoming a complete VitaCheat Helper Program! You'll notice a new tab at the top. The VitaCheat tab opens to a code creation station that guides you through the process of making new codes. Simply pick the code type you need from the list and the generator will present you with only the boxes needed for that type of code. It currently can generate any of the 6 main code types:
Write, Compress, Pointer+Write, MOV, Pointer+Compress and Pointer+MOV and any of the pointer types support up to 5 Offsets.

This tab is intentionally bare for now as I have more things to add to it, including support for 3 more code types: B200, Conditional and ButtonPad. I also plan to add an Instructions screen to help guide the process a little bit more.

Changes:
  • Added VitaCheat Tab
  • VitaCheat tab supports generating codes for all 6 main code types.
  • Changed the way some ComboBoxes work to make the code cleaner and easier to read.
  • Code Type boxes now use Drop Down lists instead of Radial Buttons, because it's nicer.
  • Merged some features from TehPsychedelic's branch. Thanks for making the code cleaner and the windows nicer!

Reactions: MUDD_BR and ExData7

train108

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi Yohoki, do you know how to find address of time ingame. I use fuzzy search but it show 0 result when i search again :(

Yohoki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor Update - Version 2.01

Minor update to get the releases up-to-date. This update mainly cleans the code a bit, but also fixes 2 smaller bugs. It doesn't feel like enough progress to make a new release, but since it changes the way the program looks and feels, I wanted to release it now. I also don't know when the next update will be, since the next things on my todo list are much more complicated than the previous releases.

First, the "Convert File" option's window was not resized when I resized the app, it is now.

Secondly, when pasting codes in the "Convert text" area, some .DB files were created in a Unix format. There's a minor difference with how Unix and Windows handle linebreaks, making Unix text all appear on one line when viewed on windows systems. Since this program is only made for Windows systems, I've made all text be converted to Windows style linebreaks when you paste text. You'll now notice your pasted text appear clumped up and then quickly flash before showing a properly formatted text.

Changes:
  • Fixed bug with original TempAR's codes when pasting Unix-based codes on converter tab. Fixes issue #5 .
  • "Convert File" area now matches the new size of the windows.
  • Removed some comments left over from dotPeek to save some filesize... although it's really minuscule.
  • Removed some testing code that was left in the last build.

Last edited by Yohoki,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suggestion - To narrow the Pointers down even further, suggest adding the Option of being able to use 3 or 4 Memory Dumps / Addresses , so that way it can help find it without giving too many Results. This way, it can narrow it down more.
Not sure if this can be done, but in theory, it could help. By Default, it finds the Addresses and checks out where those Addresses are Localized right? A couple more should lock it in even more so you dont have to go through 50+ Results.

Yohoki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give me a couple days to play around with the code... Let me see what I can come up with.

I do see 1 issue, though... using a second, or even a 3rd dump doesn't make the pointer list show less addresses... It shows more. But, I should be able to make it show LESS green addresses, narrowing down the amount of testing pointers that needs to be done. But it does mean more searching through addresses to find ANY green addresses at all.

Also, loading time will be larger... This loading time will happen at the initial search, as well as every time you open an address to find a lvl2 or lvl 3 pointer, etc.

Reactions: Smoker1

Yohoki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing around with a few things.. Like increasing accuracy by supporting more dumps at once.... With the red ones in this picture being a match to all 3 dumps, green matches with 2 and black only appearing in 1 dump.
upload_2019-5-14_1-5-23.png

Reactions: Smoker1

Yohoki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PreRelease V2.5p
Made quite a big change here to the way pointer searching is handled. Now you can add up to 6 Memory Dumps to get a higher accuracy search. It will now "upgrade" the color based on how many times the pointer has appeared in multiple Memory Dumps. If it's only appeared in 2 Dumps, it will appear Green just like it always has. But now if it also appears in a third Dump, it will be colored Blue. This goes all the way up to 6 dumps, High accuracy with a bold Orange color text that really stands out. The colors now go as follows:

• Black - Probably not a pointer (Appears in 1 memory dump)
  • Green - Low Accuracy (Appears in 2 memory dumps)
  • Blue - Medium Accuracy (Appears in 3 dumps)
  • Purple - High Accuracy (4 dumps)
  • Red - Extreme Accuracy (5 dumps)
  • Orange - Very high likelihood that this is the pointer you need (This pointer appears in all 6 dumps.)
You can still search with only 1 or 2 memory dumps and still use the old Black and green addresses. But now you have the option of using up to six for the new High Accuracy mode.

You may also notice more of the Low accuracy and Medium Accuracy addresses when using more Memory Dumps. It's part of the way I've made the colors get "upgraded" as you add more dumps. Each new dump gets checked against the 1st dump and gets it's own set of green addresses. But, if the address is already green, it is instead "upgraded" to blue. The colors keep upgrading so long as we feed it Dumps, up to 6 upgrades. So, as a result, you'll start seeing more colors as you use more dumps, but the important colors will always be fewer and more accurate.

i would really like to let you guys use this now, but there's still a few bugs I need to work out. So, for those of you that don't mind a slightly buggy version, I've released a prerelease version: https://github.com/Yohoki/TempAR-Vita/releases/tag/v2.5p

For those of you that would like to wait until I work out all the kinks (like having Dump 1 and 3 filled, but nothing in dump 2) feel free to wait a bit longer. There really is very little that can go wrong, though. So I really do encourage you to try it out early and give me some feedback!

Changes:
  • Added 4 more Memory Dump boxes for High Accuracy mode.
  • Added new colors to the pointer list to show the increasing accuracy: Black, Green, Blue, Purple, Red, Orange.
  • Added an "Instructions" box that displays instructions about the code type you are making in the "VitaCheat" tab

Yohoki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Major Update V3.0
I've had enough time to vet the new High Accuracy mode, and have successfully found a pointer for a game that was giving me trouble before. So, without a doubt, this new mode works great. The pre-release version had a few bugs that were.... bugging... me, but I've fixed them here. It now checks if you've used the previous memory dump before letting you use another, this keeps the form Newb-friendly and also makes sure that the colors work properly. I've also opted to use Orchid instead of Purple for the 4th color because purple was light and hard to see. I will still call it purple because I'm a dude and don't know the difference. There's also now a colored legend at the bottom of the pointer list, to let you know how confident the program is in the different colors.
  • Black - Green = Not Likely
  • Green - Blue = Low Percent
  • Blue - Purple = Medium Percent
  • Purple - Red = Good Percent
  • Red - Orange = High Percent
Using more dumps makes it much easier as each dump you add can lower the "useful" addresses by a great amount. Simply adding 1 more dump may be the difference between 1000 green addresses and 10 blue addresses. (maybe I'll add a counter to actually count how many of each address there is...)

Changes since v2.5p
  • Added a legend to "Pointer Searcher" tab to indicate how confident the program is in each address.
  • Tidied up code to reduce lag and make my job easier.
  • Disabled all Memory Dump fields that are not ready to be used, to ensure the colors get "upgraded" correctly.
Changes since v2.0:
  • Added 4 more Memory dump boxes to allow for more accurate searching.
  • Added new colors to the pointer list based on accuracy: Black, Green, Blue, Purple, Red, Orange.
  • Added an "Instructions" box that displays instructions about the code type you are making in the "VitaCheat" tab

Yohoki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor Update - Pre-release V3.01p

tempar.png

Feels like I'm updating this every day with something new. This one's a pretty minor change, but It's helpful, so I might ass well throw it out there. The Legend below the pointer list now counts how many addresses it's found of each color. You can now see how many useful pointers you've found, without scrolling. It even adds in the new addresses when you double-click/Spacebar on an address to expand it. This means you now know EXACTLY what's inside the address, without having to scroll through each one. You only have to actually look through the list when you notice that one of the colors has increased. Looking at the picture above, I was able to see exactly when an orange address appeared and was able to scroll right to it.

Now, this is a Pre-release, so expect a bug here and there. Thankfully, this is a pretty simple change, so there isn't a lot of code to mess up and what DID mess up, is only minor. Here's the bugs I've noticed:
  • Double clicking on an address repeatedly keeps adding the pointers to the count multiple times.
  • The addresses are totaled up INCLUDING negatives. Even if "Include Negatives" is turned off.
  • The address count may also include non-optimal paths, even if "Only display optimal paths" is turned off.
    - I have no intention of fixing the last 2, because the mismatched numbers is a good sign that maybe you should try searching with those turned on.

Gireauxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Great update ! is it possible to update your TempAR - Vita Version so that it could add upp to 10 addresses at once to find the most accurate results ? .
There was a old cheat device back in the psp days that could handle up to 12 addresses and gave very precise answers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome