GCN Tell me your opinion...

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I decided to create this thread to know your opinion on the mods I have and that I want to put in my GCN, and please tell me cool mods for me to put in my GCN

Mods that I have:
Xeno GC Modchip
GCN Viper Case (full sized discs)

Mods that I want to install:
Custom Power indicator LED
LED's on the controller ports
Install Swiss
Install a SD2SP2

Right now, my GCN is region-free, and is able to run burned discs, full sized, and mini.

please give me your opinion, and tell me other cool mods i can install in my GCN!

P.S.: I posted this same thread but in the wrong forum place, so sorry.

Reactions: Alexander1970

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NICE! I used to have a viper case on my original GC back in the day.

Personally, I have color cycling LEDs on the controller ports and the power LED, SD2SP2, GCLoader w/ LaserBear SD mount & the GCHD MK-II (if that counts as a mod?). Also The GB Player can be had for cheap if you don't need the Disc (which clearly you don't since you're modded).

TBH, I don't use my GC too much since I also have a Wii that I installed a Wii Dual HDMI mod into that plays basically every Wii and GC game from hard drive. The GC is on my CRT with Wii Component cables (thanks to the GCHD) and the Wii is on my flat panel TV thanks to Wii Dual's pure digital output and scaling.

Reactions: DuduMil

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
there is a bracket and a plug adapter that allows you to put noctua fan in place of the stock one. I do not have this mod, but is something I want to do. I really don't like how loud the gamecube is, it is so loud that feels like a modern playstation, ugh, disgusting.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install GC Loader PNP, and SD2SP2.
Get rid of the modchip, and the disk drive. And the disks.
Get a Carby, or Retro-Bit Prism.
Get a GBPlayer.
Enjoy.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
The GC Loader is pretty good, but i'm more into physical games
I don't agree with the guy that said you get rid of the modchip. I do respect his view, but you already have a way to play any game you want, and the viper case are beautiful, it would be a waste a SD loader with your setup up. As I said, the fan is loud, it is a good change, I remember now that you said that can't access Swiss, but I believe it is accessible with burned DVD, if is not, there is a memory card adapter that accept SD cards, and it run swiss.

The guy suggested the prism HD, I have it, and it is awesome if you play on modern TVs. To play on CRT it is not needed.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't agree with the guy that said you get rid of the modchip. I do respect his view, but you already have a way to play any game you want, and the viper case are beautiful, it would be a waste a SD loader with your setup up. As I said, the fan is loud, it is a good change, I remember now that you said that can't access Swiss, but I believe it is accessible with burned DVD, if is not, there is a memory card adapter that accept SD cards, and it run swiss.

The guy suggested the prism HD, I have it, and it is awesome if you play on modern TVs. To play on CRT it is not needed.
Agreed - and YES, you can burn swiss to a disc, which is the only way I am aware of to access it with a XenoGC chip (I used to have one before md Disc Drive died - which motivated my choice to move to GC Loader with Swiss on the MemCard->SD adapter.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The only reason for the modchip is to bypass the AP on the disk drive. No disk drive, no need for a modchip. My recommendation for getting the GC Loader is about eliminating all the issues that come with optical media. No more pot tweaking, no worries about scratched discs, no worries about failed backup disc burns, or finding blank media, and no worries that the drive will eventually fail to read more than it succeeds. (Cuz that's what will happen, sooner or later) I'm not "anti" modchip, I used a XenoGC for years. But if you ask an open ended question, "what mods can I do to the GameCube to improve the experience," then the GCLoader is top of the list.

Also for the OP, if you get the SD2SP2, regardless of whether you stay with the disk drive & chip or not, do a little search and find a thread I started last year about how to fix the SD2SP2 being loose in the serial port slot.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh, I also forgot to mension that the Xeno GC is installed with wires. It doesn't change anything, but yeah, you can see if the chip lights are on or off.
16561920646338211100536469181108.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER