Question Tegra RCM GUI freezes when injecting payload

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Leobust, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Leobust
    OP

Leobust Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2018
    United States
    First time posting here, Ive been trying to inject SX OS payload to my switch but every time It just freezes in "injecting payload". My switch is recognized as APX and I did install the driver as well. I also tried using RCM Smash but it had the same problem where it froze in injecting payload. At this point I don't know if its my Switch or PC, since I have injected the payload before but with my friends laptop and it worked fine. Please help and thank you in advanced.

2. Leobust
    OP

Leobust Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2018
    United States
    pls..help

3. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Never heard of it happening to anyone else and it worked on your friend's pc so it's probably your pc

4. magico29

magico29 GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    magico29 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    that happened to me many many times, just unplug your switch,restart your pc and start over,if u are runing sx os activate auto rcm.

5. magico29

magico29 GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    that happened to me many many times, just unplug your switch,restart your pc and start over,if u are runing sx os activate auto rcm.

6. Leobust
    OP

Leobust Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2018
    United States
    How many times have you needed to restart your PC? Im asking because lm pretty sure I restarted it and it was the same deal..also are you sure you didn't do anything else besides that?

7. magico29

magico29 GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    you need to play around,sometimes tegra RCM will ask you to install the drivers even if u have them installed before. thats why i do have auto RCM on.

Last edited by magico29, Jul 8, 2018
  8. Leobust
    OP

Leobust Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2018
    United States
    Been trying everything but its definitely my PC which is causing the problem because I just asked my friend if I could use his laptop again and I was able to inject the payload easily smh

9. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    uninstall and reinstall .net framework

10. Leobust
    OP

Leobust Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2018
    United States
    No luck :(

11. Ital8

Ital8 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2018
    Brazil
    Got the same, try another USB port!

12. magico29

magico29 GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    Get another pc baby!!

13. mcmrc1

mcmrc1 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    Germany
    Paybe locked Paylaod ? Right Click - Propertys - And look if it says Locked for this PC...

Also are you using a USB3 or 2 Port ? What Windows ? Maybe install your chipset drivers/usb drivers from your mainboard....

Leobust likes this.
  14. Leobust
    OP

Leobust Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2018
    United States
    Im using a usb3 port with windows 10

It gave me the option to "unblock" the payload so I did, I then tried to inject the payload once more still didn't work. So I restarted the computer and tried to inject again..didn't work.

Last edited by Leobust, Jul 8, 2018
  15. mcmrc1

mcmrc1 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    Germany
    ok.. hmmm this is what fail0verflow means to the USB usage on their ->

he USB exploit requires a USB host. The exploit also requires using very long control transfers, which unfortunately some OSes are not happy with. You can either use vanilla Linux on a PC with an xHCI controller (USB 3.0, or any USB port on most recent systems), or a PC with an EHCI (USB 2.0) controller and this kernel patch....

So isome pcs seems to have problems... Check if you have the newest drivers from the website of your mainboard manufactur....

Also you can check on your PC BIOS if XHCI is enabled or @ smart auto config and also if EHCI hand off is disabled and enabled on xhci -> you can also test a little some settings...

16. Leobust
    OP

Leobust Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2018
    United States
    I checked my Bios and XHCI hands-off is enabled, should I disable it? Sorry I didn't really understand the rest of what you said

17. mcmrc1

mcmrc1 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    Germany
    No let it enabled.

@Leobust

-> https://www.easeus.com/partition-ma...freezes-when-usb-plugged-in-windows-10-7.html
    check this.

Also Win 10 has also sometimes problem with SSD hdds and freezing GUIs... i would check all hdds sdds and usbs microsds with a tool and after that deinstall all windows usb drivers and restart...

Last edited by mcmrc1, Jul 8, 2018
  18. hatredg0d

hatredg0d GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2009
    United States
    Minnesota
    Do you have an android phone you can use to inject it?

19. AlfretXX

AlfretXX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Could you solve this problem? Got exactly the same one ...

20. DilandDuck25

DilandDuck25 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2017
    United States
    I got the same problem. To fix it, I just changed the USB port. Didn't have to restart my computer.

21. skinnyBIGGS

skinnyBIGGS Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    Canada
    Im having same issues . Now the tegra doesnt recognize the switch.. i was hahing not responding tegracrash.exe abd restarted now at the start of tryinf to get it to reconigize again im on win7 home edition