Gaming technical problems

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho.

A friend of mine has been looking forward to the new Kingdom Hearts game, Birth By Sleep. It's her favourite series. But unfortunately her limited edition Dissidia PSP is no longer reading UMD's. As she works in my local Game store (yes, that's right, one of the girls I mention rather frequently), she takes a rather dim view of piracy, except in my case because I do still occasionally buy UMD's, not to mention the small fortune I spend in there on non-flashed systems. But either way, flashing her PSP isn't an option.

All I know is that her system no longer reads UMD's. I'm no tech expert, and the only repair shop near either of us will charge her about 70 quid for the necessary repairs. What I want to know is thus:

- What is most likely wrong with the system?
- Can it be repaired?
- How can it be done?
- If it's extremely technical, anyone know of anywhere that does reasonably priced repairs in the West Midlands?

I promised her I'd get it fixed so she can play Kingdom Hearts. If it were up to me I'd just flash the damn thing, rip the ISO from my UMD and whack it on a spare memory card, but then she wants to avoid that wherever possible. Suggestions?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like the UMD drive is most likely broken....what error message do you get? You can either disassemble it and stick a new one in or send it to Sony....

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think she gets an error message, the damn thing just doesn't acknowledge UMD's. At all. You put it in, it does nothing. Maybe the laser needs some work?

Also, how creepy is that guy's voice? That's pure evil fixing that PSP right there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-