Tech Geeks: i need your input plz..... netbook? or Tablet?

phoenix1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK so Christmas is fast approaching and I need to get a present quick sharpish....

so i need some info. on which would be better to get, a netbook or a tablet, here is the criteria:

its for an 11 yr old
Budget: £150-£170 MAX!!!
preferably with access to the Android market
Usage: basically web browsing, ie Fb and games
net access would be through a 3G dongle
it doesnt have to be superquick but anything around the 1GHz mark would be nice

anything else i need to add just let me know

If you guys have any suggestions, could you please provide a link to reviews/bargains etc or at least give me the model name

i have looked at the Archos 101 and the Archos Arnova 10" G2, neither of these have access to the android market

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I would say tablet for portability. Easier to carry around.

Oh and tablets have more downloadable stuff from the AM. :P

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends for an 11 year old he could break the tablet easily compared to the Netbook. The Acer Iconia A100 is a good tablet that is 7inches but has good specs, I bought it for $190 on Black Friday at Best Buy. Not sure how much it costs though, but I know it should be cheep.

phoenix1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It depends for an 11 year old he could break the tablet easily compared to the Netbook. The Acer Iconia A100 is a good tablet that is 7inches but has good specs, I bought it for $190 on Black Friday at Best Buy. Not sure how much it costs though, but I know it should be cheep.

hmmmm nice tablet is that, but a little out of my price range from here in the UK..... pity

thanks for the suggestion though

phoenix1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AWWWWWWWW C'MON i wouldnt normally be hassling like this but i NEED suggestions ASAP, plz post guys.......

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want Android at all, you should go with a tablet, since it was never designed for netbooks (I know it's on some, but that's a kludge). However, your other criteria of a 3g dongle is a little hit or miss depending on the tablet. And for games, it really depends what games were talking about... if you mean FB games, those can be hit or miss on either tablets or netbooks based on how good flash runs. If you mean android games, the tablet would be better. If you mean PC games, well, your only choice then is the netbook but most of them wouldn't run anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans