Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Switch SX

Mrdx

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
LOL
What do you expect to hear from them? the ones who are developing an opensource cfw?
"Hey Gus, hurry up and buy TX SX before its sold out"
Maybe tell us if an open source hardware alternative will be possible in the near future with same convenience/portability

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's docked, yes. I do intend to sit in my sofa and just press power. Then again I hope SciresM manage to get exploits running for 2.X so we can boot atmosphere software wise.

It you watch their video closely, their Switch SX product still needs the magic finger press to enter RCM. All it does is auto-inject the IPL. Again, the planned hack-dongle I have in mind would do the exact same thing, but allow you to change the IPL to push, and can have additional features. (It could also be a pirate platform for the TX IPL if you REALLY wanted to.)

The reason is because the "magic finger salute" is hard coded by the bootloader, which as is now well known (I hope), is not replaceable outside of the factory.
I can see nothing that their dongle would offer that my home-made solution could not do. (and possibly do better.)

If you want "Power on and straight to CFW", you need to wait for Atmosphere and Deja-Vu on 4.1.0 and lower.

I will still make the how-to for the zsun once atmosphere is ready. For people on 5.xxx (and higher, as Ninty is sure to keep grinding out those often needless updates) it will be the only way to get into CFW, and it would play well with Atmosphere.

Reactions: repulse and peteruk

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm well aware. But I replied to a post earlier that it can be hard to boot docked when you need to boot in to RCM. It would need some kind of switch then to get their or a permanent modchip.

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys just ask the question to the right persons : @SciresM @ktemkin should we buy or should we wait?
if they had an opinion on weather or not an individual bought one it'd probably be you should wait, because there would be no reason to buy something thats going to be free in the long run anyways

but since they probably dont care if you do or not, its do whatever gets your rocks off

Last edited by masterspike52,

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they had an opinion on weather or not an individual bought one it'd probably be you should wait, because there would be no reason to buy something thats going to be free in the long run anyways

Aside from testing, and waiting for delivery from an online purchase, (since I want to wait for initial public release of atmosphere, and want a clean, virgin NAND to make the emunand from, and will not compromise on this!) I could make the zsun injector tomorrow. (I have the day off.) If somebody leaks the TX IPL and dumps the CFW from a console hacked with their software, we could have pirate Switch SX dongles by the day after that.

Not that I would do such a thing of course. Just saying, the barrier to entry is pretty low. Anyone with embedded linux experience would be able to do it effortlessly. The hard work is already done by the dedicated people who opened that dongle up to OpenWRT. I am sure there are other dongles that could be repurposed like this. That particular one kinda stands out to me though, both because of the "What would you actually USE this for!?" factor of the package as-is (and thus I feel joy giving it a valuable role for society) and because of its inexpensive price point and set of features. (which I think would be a developer's wet dream for a number of reasons I already cited. It's a damn swiss army knife ready for action.)

Due to the speed of the TX dongle, I presume it is a simple microcontroller with a USB passthrough, and as such updating the IPL that gets pushed to the switch would be a pain.

The dongle I have in mind is just an SFTP session away from being anything you want, any time.

Reactions: peteruk

Ninfanloser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making profit from public exploit and piracy, and having a reputation of intentionally bricking 3ds...

Screw you TX and your mtfking piece of junk

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by masterspike52,
Reactions: CallmeBerto

Adhrast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think many of you who posted here are missing the point that what they're doing this weekend is putting up preorders.
They might ship in September for all we know, when Atmosphere is up and ready and we have all sorts of homebrew available.

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think many of you who posted here are missing the point that what they're doing this weekend is putting up preorders.
They might ship in September for all we know, when Atmosphere is up and ready and we have all sorts of homebrew available.
the word preorder normally gets people worked up for getting something either sooner than they would normally or getting it on time, if you hold a preorder your kind of obligated to have it on their doorstep either the day of or just before it gets an initial release.

if they dont chances are they'll have a no refund policy

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly they are not even close, and Backups also dont work. So TX is ahead 2-3 Month for sure, before the good stuff on Atmos happen.
first off, june15th is the expected release date. second sadly yes, they will beat atmosphere to the punch. but as soon as atmosphere comes out you'll see backup loaders out of your ear like a magic coin

Reactions: CallmeBerto

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I can't argue with all the knowledge being combined into one, but the issue stems from having ideas or desires forced onto the end-user. With different CFWs, those who are afraid of being left behind will add the features that make the other CFW desirable. With only one CFW (Luma3DS), then all of the desires of the community can be ignored. Luma hasn't seen a valuable update since 7.1 (imo). The rest have only introduced bugs and not really anything user friendly. IIRC, the new nightlies have cheat support but that took so long, especially with Luma phasing out NTR. Also, whenever a new dev wants to start work on something that isn't made by 3DS Inc. it is shot down. There have been multiple attempts to reinstate older CFWs and refactor them (ReiNAND), but have been completely ignored because of "Just use Luma". There have been people developing a new HBL but they got shot down. It is a terrible spot to be an aspiring developer of more intense things.
Luma already does everything you could want it to do very well so there's no point trying to create a new cfw for 3ds. That would be like somebody trying to create something that would go under a car to make it move about the ground ie don't reinvent the wheel. If you're an aspiring developer of intense things there's a new system called the Nintendo Switch that's in need of lots of developing for.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just for fun as I'm playing about with 3d design and thought I would give the xecuter modchip a redesign for fun, personally I hope what was shown wasn't the final design (I'm guessing not as TX usually make half decent looking stuff)

anyway here was my mock design of what I think would look good

1.jpg 2.jpg

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
just for fun as I'm playing about with 3d design and thought I would give the xecuter modchip a redesign for fun, personally I hope what was shown wasn't the final design (I'm guessing not as TX usually make half decent looking stuff)

anyway here was my mock design of what I think would look good

View attachment 123515 View attachment 123516
It kind of reminds me of a ODB2 dongle :)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

chikoo_69

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I personally think the TX CFW is going to be initially superior if I'm being totally honest. The way I see it TX has alot more to lose from this than Re-Switched, who owe nobody anything.

I'm going to buy a couple of games to see me through the opening month or two before jumping into anything, which would be my advice to anyone really.

But TX for me is definitely looking the better option until a permanent cold boot solution exists.
Permanent cold boot may never come but who knows...i almost never shut down my switch so having a little dongle to reboot is not a problem. And btw, buy mario odyssey and dragon quest builders 2 awsomes games that will make you wait until switch sx comes out :)

Reactions: Risingdawn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh