Hacking Question Team-Xecuter Real time game switching question

timmystar04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yea i just have a quick question about the team xecuter mod chip mainly about the real time game switching bit its just that couldn't you just put a lot of games you don't own onto an SD card and then just claim the gold points for them so you could technically get free money?

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yea i just have a quick question about the team xecuter mod chip mainly about the real time game switching bit its just that couldn't you just put a lot of games you don't own onto an SD card and then just claim the gold points for them so you could technically get free money?

I doubt it, but I'm sure if you tried it there would be no quicker, or more assured way to get banned by Nintendo, so I'd recommend just not to do it, and instead move that thought to the furthest corner of your mind

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Given a Switch game's gold coins can only be redeemed on one console, it's likely one of two things:
The dump can be claimed once
The dump is treated as a digital title from which you wouldn't get coins anyway.

Whovian NineThreeSixNine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you redeem the emulated Cart for Gold Points? Technically, no.

Especially since the RETAIL carts normally have a CARTRIDGE-SPECIFIC CERTIFICATE in them that is removed in the BBB dumps.

If you were to try and redeem those, it's likely to... just not redeem. Hell, it's more likely to error out, since there's no certificate in the cartridge for it to use.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, the cert is gone. Plus I can almost say that it's already been activated before you would even be close to touch it. Stop trying to want to do "fraud" (It's not but close enough).

Reactions: CallmeBerto

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very unlikely. That will be a security flaw on Nintendo's part. I haven't taken a look at what's in a cart/digital download, but it is highly likely there is a per-cart/digital download unique certificate for that. Once it's redeemed by someone (probably original cart owner), it would not be able to be redeemed by someone else. And if there is a unique certificate in every cart, then you risk being banned by going online since Nintendo can theoretically detect multiple people with the same cart certificate going online at the same time.

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very unlikely. That will be a security flaw on Nintendo's part. I haven't taken a look at what's in a cart/digital download, but it is highly likely there is a per-cart/digital download unique certificate for that. Once it's redeemed by someone (probably original cart owner), it would not be able to be redeemed by someone else. And if there is a unique certificate in every cart, then you risk being banned by going online since Nintendo can theoretically detect multiple people with the same cart certificate going online at the same time.

That would make since considering the 3DS had a Private Header ID system of it's own, so I really wouldn't expect any less of the Switch, and it's own take on that, which considering their more direct focus on security with the Switch, I'd also be concerned with any Offline Pirated games being flagged by the system, and stored somewhere offline till you connect to the Internet, when it's then sent through anyone of Nintendo's many telemetry services, which could paint your console Bright Red for the Big N's Ban Hammer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn