Gaming Teal Mask Issues

Chicken0895

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong here. When I try to start Pokemon Violet after buying Teal Mask, it says it has to check that I can play it. If I am not connected to the internet, I get "Unplayable downloadable content or update data was found. Connect to the internet to check software status".

I let it check but it did not clear either of these messages. What do I do so I can play without a continuous internet connection, or is this some kind of online-only DLC?

Srg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello,

I had a different issue in Scarlet but maybe it can help you. I was able to start the game, fully updated to 2.1.0 but did not receive Jacq(Cinio)'s call at start.
First of all, make yourself sure you've purchased at the eShop the right version, as there are DLC for Scarlet and for Violet, both are different in the store. Then check you are on version 2.1.0 of the game, and also up-to-date on your switch firmware.

As the cause of the problem is different, please disregard this comment, and see below posts. I leave it under the spoiler tag just in case it can help someone with the same issue I had.
If nothing of this works, I did something similar to this:
Ensure you have a good connection first, then go to settings, data management, violet -> delete program (this will require you to take the cartridge out, and will NOT delete your savegame, as your switch will tell you).
Then you can insert the cartridge again, go to the eShop and find the Pokemon Violet + DLC bundle pack, and scroll down until the Teal Mask banner, it will appear with a Bought tag. Press it and it will allow you to download the data related to the DLC.
When it finishes, press + button and install updates via internet.

The DLC is not online-only, I hope you can solve it!

Last edited by Srg07,

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong here. When I try to start Pokemon Violet after buying Teal Mask, it says it has to check that I can play it. If I am not connected to the internet, I get "Unplayable downloadable content or update data was found. Connect to the internet to check software status".

I let it check but it did not clear either of these messages. What do I do so I can play without a continuous internet connection, or is this some kind of online-only DLC?
its an account thing. Set "primary console" on the account you got the DLC.

this is the official way to do it: https://en-americas-support.nintend...the-primary-console-for-your-nintendo-account

If you are on CFW use the linkalho application instead, it will work within seconds.

Reactions: Chicken0895

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is your system set to primary console?

Reactions: Chicken0895

Chicken0895

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all, that was it! I didn't know a "primary console" was even a thing, since I only ever had one console until recently lol.

SoraNoize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Can someone guide me for CFW? I've linked my account via linkalho, reinstalled the updated & dlc, but still no prompt when I run the game. Am I doing something wrong?

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks all, that was it! I didn't know a "primary console" was even a thing, since I only ever had one console until recently lol.
There's even more to primary and secondary consoles. You can play content you bought on two consoles simultaneously, on your primary and your secondary Switch console. You can play your content with any account on the primary console. On the secondary one you can only play content with the account that bought it. Consequently, you can play the same content using the account that bought it on your secondary Switch while playing the same content using a different account on your primary Switch.
My gf and I are making use of this a lot. Sometimes it makes it more viable to buy multiplayer games on the eShop, as we only need to buy the game once, while we'd have to buy two cartridges in order to play together otherwise.

Last edited by Axido,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: