Gaming Sytem Memory full

snuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a couple of wads and when I reset, it took me straight to the system menu and said my system memory was full. If I copy save/profile files to my sd card and delete them from my internal memory, will my games automatically find them?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
or delete some stuff you don't use

That's what I do. Anything you bought legally on your Wii you can re-download from the Wii Shop, or just re-install with WAD Installer. The saves take up like only 1-2 blocks a piece, so you can keep them and they'll apply to your re-installed games.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Your best bet is to upgrade to Waninkoko's 4.0 and move everything to the SD card, just make sure you don't move the Homebrew Channel to the SD card because it breaks it.

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont hoard useless crap! Lol, I went through a phase of collecting VC and WW releases and it got silly, I soon filled up my wii memory and then later moved them all to an SD card where most of them sit unplayed! Just look at what you have got there and ask yourself do you really need it there and do you play any of them?
smile.gif

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just keep all your saves on your Wii memory because it would be a hassle to copy them back from SD and Wii every single time. Not to mention that some games won't let you copy to the SD card (such as Super Smash Brothers Brawl), unless you apply some hacks such as those in Preloader.

If you move your WiiWare and Virtual Console channels to your SD card, it'll be good cause then you will have lots of space left. And then you can just run those channels direct from the SD card, it only takes less than a minute to load.

And if your SD card is at least 512 MB, you'll be fine. Just don't lose your SD card.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F