System transfer transfers CHMM2 custom themes shuffle?! How?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Amapola62, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Amapola62
    OP

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    I system transfered from a o3dsxl with custom themes shuffling thanks to CHMM2.3dsx to a N3dsXL...when the system transfered finished I was surprised to see that the custom theme shuffle had survived the transfer but how? Since homebrew/unlegit cias don't transfer how could custom themes transfer? I didn't even have the homebrewlauncherloader cia on my homemenu...it's like the New3ds got into CHMM2 by magic...

DrkBeam likes this.
  2. Hoppy

Hoppy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Fluffy Island
    I don't think the system transfer decides whether a theme is legit or not and just transfers the current theme cache or somethin'...
    The same thing happened for me when I did a system transfer awhile back, if that helps

3. sp3off

sp3off One male shadow.

Apr 17, 2013
    France
    Hell's Lair
    Considering the theme is on SD and installed with CHMM2, in fact the theme is like injected on the NAND, and the System Transfer doesn't see it. If it's a nintendo theme, it's all good, if it's a custom one, then how did he pass ? idk.

4. Amapola62
    OP

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    No idea either...I left m 3dses finish the system transfer by themselves because it was super late and when I went back...the transfer was finished...The New3ds rebooted and that's when I noticed that CHMM2's theme shuffle was kept...

5. Reaga

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    Homebrew is not needed to keep a theme, only install. I kept my menuhax theme when I updated to 11.1 for the system transfer, despite it not being legit.

There's basically no major security on themes. Why would they bother? No cheating or piracy.