System Transfer Gone (kinda) Wrong

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Noah Hall, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Noah Hall
    OP

Noah Hall Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2015
    United States
    Oh boy... I'm in a bit of a pickle here.

So here's the scoop.

I hack 3DS's for my friends very regularly. I've hacked upwards of 15 by now, and I've never had anything like this occur, or anything remotely close.

Yesterday, I was preparing a system transfer to downgrade my friend's 11.2 o3DS. I created a new NNID for him on my EmuNAND o3DS, purchased fieldrunners, did all that good jazz (putting proper .sav in, setting up steelhax, etc). Everything's working Fine. So I do the system transfer. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but it never asked me to transfer content between the SD cards as it usually does, and the whole process took 5 minutes. In my experience, they usually take upwards of 15.

Towards the end of the transfer, the Target 3DS gives me this message:

"There is no DSiWare on this SD Card. Insert the SD Card to which the source system's DSiWare is saved, then try again."

I consulted the Discord (my first time doing so, I have always done IRC), and no one could help me. So I went with what I assumed the message meant. I put my 3DS (the source 3DS) SD card into the Target DS and hoped for the best.

Fieldrunners "Transfers". After the transfer completed, the Target 3DS says in Red Letters:

"Please use the Source 3DS's SD card." (or something to that effect)

I suppose this would be fine if my SD card was the same size as my friend's. However, his is 64 gigs, mine is 32. Also I'm fairly positive "switching" (although they'd be the same) won't affect anything.

------------------------------
    Now that we have that extensive and detailed prefacing out of the way, let's get to the actual Dilemma.

Target 3DS does not have fieldrunners, Health and Safety has FBI logo but still boots into Health and Safety. NNID I created to buy Fieldrunners on Source 3DS is now stuck on Target 3DS.

I restored the Source 3DS's NAND to the backup I had, it was on 11.2 before the transfer and is now back on 11.1.

I'm super blowed. I'm not sure what to do. Granted, I have some ideas[?]:

1. Call Nintendo, tell them the tranfer went wrong, get NNID off of Target 3DS and back onto Source (I've done something similar before, it will most likely work). Wait 7 days and try again.

2. Create another NNID on Source 3DS, but Fieldrunners again, and try again after 7 days...

3. Cry.

I really don't want to spend more money, and I don't want to wait 7 days if possible. I'm hoping someone has a fancy idea or has encountered this before and can give me some advice. The friend I'm doing this for is super sad about this, I want to make it up to him. I can transfer again next tuesday, so luckily it's still in time for Sun and Moon.

If you need something clarified or have any questions, feel free to ask.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. nedron92

nedron92 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2016
    Germany
  3. Noah Hall
    OP

Noah Hall Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2015
    United States
    Depressingly, the backup I made was from a while ago... I was foolish, and figured the backup step was just in case your source 3DS was bricked. I had a backup from before and figured it was OK. Never again!

That "God Mode" thing I see there seems interesting... Hopefully that will let me skip the step where I have to deal with Nintendo again.

Edit: I'm guessing if I remove the NNID from Target 3DS, I can put it back on Source 3DS and try again in 6 days, yea? Seems to be the most logical step.

4. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    i had a similar issue before i just swapped the SD cards til i finished then copied everything to computer to move the files to the original sd cards and back to their respective 3DS making sure i dont insert the wrong card with the wrong files to the wrong console LOL..but i was on sysnand not running any emunand..think you really have to wait til you are able to do the system transfer again..