System transfer for DSIWare Downgrade help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mdrb97, Jan 2, 2017.

1. mdrb97
    OP

mdrb97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2017
    Hi. So I'm going to Downgrade a 2DS using an o3ds with arm9loaderhax.
    I have some questions tho. I have saves on my o3ds that I want to keep, I will make a backup of them and can I keep them after I wait that 1 week to system tranfer back? Also, on that 1week period, if I play on the 2ds and do the system tranfer back, do I lose all the saves that were done on that 1week period on that system?

Thanks.

2. dkabot

dkabot Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own

Sep 9, 2014
    United States
    You make a backup of the source system before transferring it, and restore after (though I'd take a second backup of it post-transfer for laziness).
    Saves and all data will be intact, you just won't be able to sign into Nintendo Network since you don't have the ID.

Likewise, when I did this I took a backup of the target system while it was linked, and then formatted it for actual usage.
    This allows you to use them freely for a week, then you can take new current-state backups, restore the old ones, transfer, and re-restore the new ones.

...I'm still in the "wait 7 days" phase myself, but so far this plan has worked out well.
    The first step of backing up before transfer and restoring is in the Guide, the rest I just made up on the spot.

3. mdrb97
    OP

mdrb97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2017
    What I understood was, after the whole process is done I get a nand backup of the target 3ds, format it… back it up again, and after 7 days I restore the first nand backup that has my source 3ds NNID in it, transfer back, then flash the formated nand back to the target. Did I understand that correctly? That sounds awesome dude thanks.

4. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Just wait 7 days and transfer back from target to source. No need to do all that format/restore stuff on the target 3ds.

5. mdrb97
    OP

mdrb97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2017
    Yes, but I would like to use the target ds without losing saves on those 7 days before the transfer.

6. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    You could just restore the source 3ds and keep it offline to use for those 7 days.