system transfer fail?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by YourHero, Jun 28, 2016.

1. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I did a system transfer, injected the emunand into the bigger SD card after proper formatting, and nothing transferred. What do I do about that? I'm pretty sure I've lost all my save data for cia files. It let me log in with my NNID however. FC was also lost.

This was done between two emunand, o3ds > n3ds. I can download purchased games from the eshop. save data is all gone too. The original folder with 14gb of installed games is fine but maybe it doesn't use that folder anymore.

Last edited by YourHero, Jun 28, 2016
  2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    So you did a system transfer and then injected one system'd emunand into the other one and expected it to work?...

Yeah that's not how it works...

You can't just use one system's emunand into the otherone just because you system transferred.

Last edited by Tony_93, Jun 28, 2016
  3. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    No you don't seem to understand. I transferred to a 4gb sd card, then injected the emunand into a bigger SD card. It works fine, and my NNID transfered. I am using the correct emunand. However no saves or anything transferred over. Just my eshop purchases. I'm mostly at a loss for my save data. I do have a backup of the nand from pre-transfer. I'm going to try injecting it back into another SD card, putting it in the o3ds, and seeing if it will work. This emunand backup was from this 3ds before it was transferred. Maybe I can savedatafile my games. I was trying to avoid doing that because I thought it would be faster than this if it all transferred.

4. Just3DS

Just3DS GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2015
    I don't remember exactly but if you used manually transfer sd card data then you also need to have the 'Nintendo 3DS' folder moved over to the target console sd card.
    Your downloaded games and saves are present in 'Nintendo 3DS' folder on console sd card.
    Try making backup of both sd card to your pc before trying this though.

5. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    I never do things like this for this reason I just backup all my saves with JKSV and start fresh. If I need to unlink my NNID I simply call Nintendo.

6. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I did all this and unfortunatly, no luck. I'm going to try injecting the emunand into another SD card and seeing if the o3DS can still boot the emunand even tho it was transferred. This emunand however is before the transfer so it should have a unique ID matching this 3DS unless that was changed by the transfer.

Yea I feel it. If anything I only lost save data, I can play games again. But I also lost my friends list. That was one of the main things I wanted to keep.

7. Just3DS

Just3DS GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2015
    I don't think you can do system transfer again, as your NNID is now part of target system, when it tries to unlink and link to target again it may produce an error.

But in worst case you can simply backup saves from your pre-transfer emuNAND like Xenon says, and restore them on your already-transfered console emuNAND (after you redownload all games from eShop).

8. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Yea I'm about to try and see if it can boot this emunand, with wifi off. If it works I'll just snag what saves I want from it with datafiler.

I have successfully booted into the backup nand from pre-transfer. Now I can just grab all the saves I want!.

9. Kuroi-Akira

Kuroi-Akira Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    If your NNID & Purchases Transfered But not the Data its probably that you let the emunand create & use a different ID1 Folder before adding the data back

Check your Nintendo 3DS folder and check the Jumbled folders (there should be one for Sys & one for Emunand) and inside the Larger one(Emunand) there should be one more Id folder, if there's More then the 3ds is using the one you don't want it to use... Delete the smaller one & try booting again

10. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    What I did which worked fine (o3ds to n3ds, emunand to emunand): performed system transfer, chose wireless data transfer option, reinstalled cias from non-bought software that I wanted to keep playing (they only took a few seconds each) and deleted the games I didn't want to play anymore from data management in system settings. In hindsight I should have deleted them prior to transferring so it would take less time. I didn't take any emunand backups or anything.

11. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    Unlegit cias will not transfer to your new system. That's why you don't have those games on your new 3ds

Posted with my LG G5 using Tapatalk

Quantumcat likes this.
  12. YourHero
    OP

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Probably but I solved it by extracting saves on the o3DS and pushing them back with savedatafiler on the N3DS
    The new SD card was 4gb and I had 14gb of games

Thats cool and all but only 3 games on my 3DS were not purchased from the eshop. I use Gateway mostly, and I rip a lot of games myself from a collection of myself, friends, and family.